Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-2960596285.jpg

This is where it stated stock 91 Laredo 4x4 121k miles. I got it as a gift from a coworker. It had a respray 5 years ago that was poorly done. The window weather strips are cracked and leaking. I had to pull a the interior out to remove the wet carpet.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The amount of work and cash it took to get to this point was painful. I'm happy with the paint. Turned out great for being painted in a garage. We used base coat and a DuPont clear. The clear and hardener was about $225 a gallon. Paint was $50 a quart. I have over a grand in paint and supplies

image-2281777945.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before and after decided to change the interior panels from gray to flat black. Had good luck with the spray paint for plastic. I found out it works better if spend some time degreasing and cleaning before paint.

image-3454425386.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Recovered visors with automotive vinyl I found at a local fabric store. I told the lady's there what I was trying to do very helpful. Used left over headliner padding and glued it with 3m adhesive. Then installed them back in the headliner. I used a sharp awl to locate the holes.

image-258237933.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 571 Posts