Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

521 - 540 of 569 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Great to see you back man!

Was just thinking about your resto the other day. Glad to see it's back in proper hands.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Veddy Nice, But who did those gears?
I did the gear setup. Pic was from a test fit added a little paint for the IG post. Definitely not the finished product. This was one of the most aggravating things I have ever done. I must have pulled it in and out over a dozen times before the backlash and pattern was correct. Had to get some help at the end to finish. Glad it’s over not sure I would do it again. Well actually I did it again on the 8.25 but it was easier for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Yeah, Dana 30's are a pain in the ass. Been there. Everything is shimmed. 8.25 at least has side adjusters and a crush sleeve. Good deal!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Yeah, Dana 30's are a pain in the ass. Been there. Everything is shimmed. 8.25 at least has side adjusters and a crush sleeve. Good deal!
I thought to myself why would anybody spend crazy money for complete axles... now I know.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
My Dana 30 has a crush sleeve and I made setup Bearings for the carrier

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Low

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
I made setup bearings too. But I'm HP. I think just the LP used a crush sleeve. Maybe because they don't use an oil slinger in the shim pack??

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I thought to myself why would anybody spend crazy money for complete axles... now I know.
91laredo is a super nice guy. Brought me bolts and a transfer case bushing. I couldn't thank him enough got me wheeling again so I could ride with my group and kids again. Tim thank you

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
91laredo is a super nice guy. Brought me bolts and a transfer case bushing. I couldn't thank him enough got me wheeling again so I could ride with my group and kids again. Tim thank you

Anytime glad I could help. Saturday the weather was great enjoyed some trail time in our friends TJ. Next year will be there for sure in our Cherokee.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You are 100 percent welcome to join us anytime

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well I traded my daughters XJ I built for her for my wife’s mustang. So it’s now my daily driver again. The upgrades have already begun. New axles front and rear and upgrades to the NP231.
Wow! Welcome back! It will be a treat for us to see that orange beast again. Nice work on those axles and T-case

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #534
Wow! Welcome back! It will be a treat for us to see that orange beast again. Nice work on those axles and T-case
Thanks It was a project I wanted to do earlier but we had 2 kids in college and a wedding to pay for. So the Cherokee was last on the list.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
Somebody talk me out of going from 31’s to 35’s...
4.5”lift
SYE
4:56
8.25, D30hp
Lockers
Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Stay on 31s. Its cheaper and Im guessing not super necessary for your wheeling to have 35s. Parts are cheaper, tires are cheaper, less wear, etc. Feel better?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Stay on 31s. Its cheaper and Im guessing not super necessary for your wheeling to have 35s. Parts are cheaper, tires are cheaper, less wear, etc. Feel better?
Some what but I’m definitely going to at least 33’s. Just wasn’t sure if I should skip that and go to 35’s. I know there would be lots of fender trimming for 35’s.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I vote 33s then. but thats me.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
From having been on 3.5", 4.56's, lockers and 33's for several years and now being on 4.5" and 35's I am not qualified to offer an opinion. :D

521 - 540 of 569 Posts