Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

541 - 560 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I'm at 5.5 inches on 37s. I think you need 35s. It's nice to climb over stuff your friends can't. Plus I need a wheeling buddy not afraid to follow.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
I'm at 5.5 inches on 37s. I think you need 35s. It's nice to climb over stuff your friends can't. Plus I need a wheeling buddy not afraid to follow.

I saw at JEEP event in Bartow that there were trail requirement for tire size.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
How's the quality? I'm considering them since our talk. I bought a trailer to haul my Jeep to northern trails

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
I have been running them for a couple years on 33's Amazing how well they hold up. I think the ujoints I used to break were more a condition of the axles. Cause I think these use the same ujoint. I'm about to put them to the test on 35's. #fingerscrossed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
I have been running them for a couple years on 33's Amazing how well they hold up. I think the ujoints I used to break were more a condition of the axles. Cause I think these use the same ujoint. I'm about to put them to the test on 35's. #fingerscrossed.
Would rather break ujoint then and axle.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The carbon brand ones or just chromoly in general

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
I used to brake stock axles/ujoints. But I used Spicer ujoints. Since going to carbon off Road chromoly I haven't broken anything. Knock on wood. And FWIW, if you brake a ujoint, you have pretty much also broken an axle. I have my stock axles for spares that I carry when I go wheeling, just in case.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
I used to brake stock axles/ujoints. But I used Spicer ujoints. Since going to carbon off Road chromoly I haven't broken anything. Knock on wood. And FWIW, if you brake a ujoint, you have pretty much also broken an axle. I have my stock axles for spares that I carry when I go wheeling, just in case.
True.. good idea.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Definitely going to order thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Why?

541 - 560 of 569 Posts