·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Oh yeah. Let me know when you're ready to go Wheeling

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Well have you gotten anything else done?

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Nice I wish you went with 35 so you can chill with me now you're going to have to take some bypasses lol it'll still be fun man if you want to go to Ocala with us

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Lookin sharp!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
Can anyone recommend what tire pressure I should run for 33x12.5x15. The shop had them a 35 psi. Seem to be riding just on the center of tread. Any advise would be welcome.

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
There are so many lines of thought on tire pressures. Putting larger tires on your jeep dosen't mean you air them to the max pressure on the sidewall. That pressure is based on the weight the tire will carry. Most tire pressures are in conjunction with the load rating which means thicker sidewall. By rights, you should only run as much pressure as it takes to move the contact patch just off the edge of the tread. My 31's are load range E and I can run them at 25 before you start to see a difference in the sidewall, I usually wheel at 18 rear and 20 front. But normally run about 30-32. you can run higher, but you wear out the center of the tread. FWIW, Milestar Patagonia have lines on the thread to tell you how much to air them up too. So those are designed to run higher on road pressures. I think this is for MPG.
Here is a link to another discussion: Tire pressure

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I had my Patagonia MTS @ 25 psi wore pretty even. I run 28 in my 37s

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
There are so many lines of thought on tire pressures. Putting larger tires on your jeep dosen't mean you air them to the max pressure on the sidewall. That pressure is based on the weight the tire will carry. Most tire pressures are in conjunction with the load rating which means thicker sidewall. By rights, you should only run as much pressure as it takes to move the contact patch just off the edge of the tread. My 31's are load range E and I can run them at 25 before you start to see a difference in the sidewall, I usually wheel at 18 rear and 20 front. But normally run about 30-32. you can run higher, but you wear out the center of the tread. FWIW, Milestar Patagonia have lines on the thread to tell you how much to air them up too. So those are designed to run higher on road pressures. I think this is for MPG.
Here is a link to another discussion: Tire pressure
Thank you this helps.

561 - 576 of 576 Posts