Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 92 cherokee does not have working turn signals but the hazard lights function as needed. I have tried replacing the turn signal flasher unit - no progress, checked fuses - no progress, replaced turn signal switch-no progress, switched flasher unit from hazards to turn signal flasher unit - no progress. Running out of ideas. If anyone has had this issue and got it resolved I would like to know what was done to make them functional again. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wish I could help you out. Kinda got the same issue somewhat. I turn my left signal and my hazards come on. I turn my right signal it just turns on the right. Maybe both problems are similar?

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Here are the wiring diagrams. Maybe this will help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
Don't want to sound condescending, but did you check the fuse and verify power to the signal switch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear 4.3, there is power to fuse and switch but no turn signals. According to wiring diagram provided by Gluckmysock I should have power to rear defogger and wipers both of which also work, power goes through turn signal fuse #8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gluckmysock, thanks for the wiring diagrams. My kid is smarted than me and an electrician so maybe he can help with the troubleshoot

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
If it was mine, I would start using a meter and work backwards from the switch. There has to be a break in the circuit somewhere.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I had a very similar issue with my grand cherokee . The contacts for the plug that the Flasher relay plugged into where not making contact . I got away with bending the posts on the flasher relay a small amount to help make contact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts