Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a full suspension lift in my 92 cherokee laredo. New leaf springs coils and shocks. All RC. From the Rough Country website they said it was a leveling kit but the jeep sits two inches lower in the front. I have nothing after market as far as a bumper. Any ideas how to fix the problem?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Well, in a year or two the leaves might sag enough to make it level. My advice right now is to buy a set of coil spacers and pop those in. That's the cheap option. The better option is to sell the rc coils and buy a set from a better place like RE or OME, etc. Theyll probably sit better, or buy the next size up. Just my 2cents

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
LOL. OMG I just saw your heading. DOH! Full leafs are usually taller to allow for settling.
If your fender flares are stock you can measure from the center of the axle to the bottom of the flare to measure the actual lift size. check out the links in my sig. Lots of good info there.
Was the full weight of the jeep on the ground before you did the finally tightening of the leaf spring and shackle bolts? Any time you do suspension work, you should just snug the bolts and do the full torque after you have all the weight on the suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't tighten it down to specs until it was on the ground. I looked at spacers and rough country actually says not to add spacers on any of their coils. Would adding sway bar extensions do anything

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
If you didn't get longer swaybar links then yes, get some. But that doesnt raise the front end up. Yiu need new coils or spacers. As far as I know where is nothing magical about Rough Country coils that makes spacers not work. Spacers are not anyone's ideal solution, but if you want a cheap way out, that's it. Like I said before, new coils would be better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the point in longer sway bar links and a sway bar extension. Have you ever heard of this problem before? The kit was 600 dollars and it its exactly 2 inches lower.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yes it happens on all types of vehicles. Leaves and coils dont always sit the same way front to back. RE has 3.5" leaves that net 5.5 sometimes.

Swaybars need to be at the proper angle to do their job correctly. Longer links will get it back to spec. Same way you need to be considering longer brake lines, trackbar (if it wasnt in your kit), and adjustable control arms if you have wobbles and need to tweak driveline angles.

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
I think you need to contact RC. you must have gotten the wrong springs. If you don't get longer sway bar links you stand the chance of bending them when your front end flexes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts