Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

94 Sport build

8K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  offroadohio 
#1 ·
I will be picking up my new toy thursday. Will cost me $250.

4.0L I-6, AX15 5 speed manual. Runs and drives good except issue with 4WD. 146K miles. No leaks except a little antifreeze.

ISSUES:

4WD isn't working properly - may just be a vacuum leak, could be serious.

rusty rocker panels

passenger window only goes down halfway

Hard to get into reverse.

Going to pick up a set of 4.5" springs for $40. along with a free s10 leaf pack from my cousin. trim the fenders to stuff my $75 Dunlop Mud Rovers.

Have an adjustable track bar and adjustab le LCA's on the way used from ebay already (under $100 total)

Wil weld the carriers front and rear and beat on it as is for now.

See less See more
#30 ·
Front locker is in, front lift coils are in, upper control arms are in.

Now I have to wait until tommorrow to go to the spring shop to get the new spring centering bolts and spring clamps, and then I should have the rear in.

When I had the front apart to do the locker I found both unit bearings have a little play in them, and both of the 261X joints are bad. I am going to replace the joints and make these my spares. I'll buy new unit bearings and a set of junkyard 297 joint shafts.
I also need to buy/build lower control arms, buy sway bar discconects, and an HD steering system (every joint on the stock is bad and the HD steering is cheaper than replacing ALL the stock parts) Also could use new rotors and pads.

So its still going to be a little while before it drives itself from the garage.

#35 ·
I used only the xj main, then cut the eyelets off the s10 pack and used the entire pack.

I didnt measure anything before hand but from what I read that should ahve gave me about 4.5" You can tell it is significantly higher as thats a 33" tire on there and its no where near rubbing. if you mix the entire xj pack in with the entire s10 pack it should give you nearly 6"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.