Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it starts fine,and runs fine for a few minutes,until it comes up to temperature.Then it will not go and starts backfiring(popping) through the breather.Continues to run but acts like it is flooding out.If i pull over and shut it off for maybe 30 seconds or so it will run fine again for just a few minutes and then start over.I have replaced the fuel pump, MAP sensor,fuel filter,spark plugs and wires,ignition coil,dist. cap and rotor.Please help me if you have any knowledge of this.Thanks!

·
Registered
488 Posts
dam buddy i have tried for so long to fix mine which does the same.. does it run any better with ur check engine light on?

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
it starts fine,and runs fine for a few minutes,until it comes up to temperature.Then it will not go and starts backfiring(popping) through the breather.Continues to run but acts like it is flooding out.If i pull over and shut it off for maybe 30 seconds or so it will run fine again for just a few minutes and then start over.I have replaced the fuel pump, MAP sensor,fuel filter,spark plugs and wires,ignition coil,dist. cap and rotor.Please help me if you have any knowledge of this.Thanks!
Can you please provide more info about the vehicle? Year, engine, trans? Can you be a bit more specific with your description of what's going on? What breather are you referring to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is a 95 cherokee sport 4wd 4.0l.The sound is coming from between the throttle body and the air filter compartment.When this symptoms appear,if I press the accellerator it bogs down like it is flooding out and the popping sound starts.But for the first few minutes in the morning when I start it up it runs perfectly.It happens at about the same exact distance from the house everyday so I am not sure if it is a sensor that takes this long to get a reading or it is when the engine gets up to running temperature.HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts