Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's giving me 2 codes now,
code 39
code 810 - flashes 8 times them 10 times???
No one can find these codes, any help????

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Welcome to the Boards!

Think you might be reading the codes wrong?

The "8" might be a separate code from the "10", because the last code in the sequence will ALWAYS be 10 flashes... a 55.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what's confusing me, I was just getting the code 39, and then code 55,
Now it gives me 39, then flashes 8 times, then 10 times

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Can you post up a video on this?
:unsure:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the spark plugs and wires, pulled fuel injectors, they were good,
It's running better, but still the check engine light is on, same code 39!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
A video won't help you in any way
If you post a video of when the check engine light flashes, we can the see what you are talking about and help you decipher what its telling you. Have you tried googling what code 39 means? A search on this site will also help you out, I'm pretty sure someone posted what those codes mean on this site.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'm curious to know if you may actually be getting four codes instead of only two. Cause there is no code 39 from the searches I have done. I wanna say that you are getting code 12, 27 or 45, then maybe 44 or 53 and then the last code is going to be 55. There will be a slight pause in between the flashes to indicate a second number to the individual code, then a long pause in between seperate codes.

So for code 12 and code 55 there will be flash, pause, flash flash, long pause, flash flash flash flash flash, pause, flash flash flash flash flash. Then that would be the end of the readout.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
4 codes, first is code 12- battery disconnected within last fifty key cycles. Second is code 27- I thinks its something to do with injectors. Thrid code is 17- not sure yet. Last code is 55- end of readout, or aka there are no more codes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I Swapped out all the fuel injecters and nothing changed, still getting the same codes
12, 27, 17

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The code 27 is the one to do with the injectors, and probably what's causing the other code, 17. Apparently you could have potential issues with 4 of the injectors according to the definition of the code. I'm not sure what "does not respond properly to control signal" means other than its not functioning properly. Out of curiosity, how does your jeep run? Judging by the code that you have, it shouldnt be running right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like it missing, but keep the RPMs up it runs great.
I just disconnected the battery to clears the codes in the ECM, Now just getting code 12, 27

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It runs great if I keep the RPMs up,
I just disconnected the battery to clear codes in the ECM, Now I'm
getting codes 12, 27

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You may need to get different injectors then. Since you have a 95, if you got 703s that would be a slight ipgrade over the stock injectors (4 ports vs 1 port). Programbo is a member on this board that finds the injectors and cleans em up, if he has some you can get a set for $70 last I knew. I went that route myself and couldnt be happier. Of course you could just go to your local pick a part and get some injectors as well. If you use the search function on the site, you can find what cars came with 703s specifically if you want to get those. I know they came in neons, but not sure what year. Or you could simply just get oem injectors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts