Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been messing with Jeeps and cars for a bit now. I currently have a fully restored 79 CJ5, and a 85 CJ7 I just started taking apart for a restore. I have never owned a Cherokee (always been into CJ's and Wranglers) but was really wanting to find an XJ for an Overland build. I bought a 1996 XJ Glaval Conversion. Without really knowing what I was buying until after getting it and a friend suggested I post it in an XJ group he was in, I got a huge response! I started researching and was not able to find out much on this. There was a post on this forum dating back to 09 that someone had posted about having one. What I do know is that it was a dealer sold option in 96 that was Jeep backed and it is extremely rare, other then that not much....Info is really hard to find. Most have never seen or heard of this but quite a few have. Just looking for othes 20200509_101436.jpg 20200509_101500.jpg 20200418_105414.jpg
20200509_101436.jpg
20200509_101500.jpg
20200418_105414.jpg
r who might. I have the Carfax and am planning now on a fully stock restore. There are also bumper aprons that cover the front and back bumpers but I only have the front. I found a couple pics out there and I am also missing the original stock rims that came with this conversion....SO...Anybody know anything?? I have a ton more pics I can post..
20200509_101436.jpg
20200509_101500.jpg
20200509_101436.jpg 20200509_101500.jpg
20200418_105414.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I have seen that too, but never in person. I don't know if you could get a conversion or if it was a one off

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I remember one on here years ago that a guy wanted to fix up, but it was completely shot and rusted out and he had no metalworking skills, and no money to pay someone to basically build a new unibody. I think it was scrapped or given up on. I would like to see one redone with some modern tastes, but a stock survivor is pretty cool. Where are you located? Maybe we can keep an eye out for parts.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Never heard of a Glaval Conversion. It looks really neat. I would be interested in some more pics!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember one on here years ago that a guy wanted to fix up, but it was completely shot and rusted out and he had no metalworking skills, and no money to pay someone to basically build a new unibody. I think it was scrapped or given up on. I would like to see one redone with some modern tastes, but a stock survivor is pretty cool. Where are you located? Maybe we can keep an eye out for parts.
Im in SE NC. The only parts i need is the original rear bumper apron and the rims. This thing is rust free! No one has ever done any mods. Completely stock. First owner had it 16 years, next 2 had it it for almost 3 each.... it's only been driven 20,000 miles in the last 6 years according to Carfax. I would really just love to know more about it because there is nothing out there!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Posting links form other jeep forums seems like blasphemy but you may find this thread of interest. It was 5 years ago, but this guy pulled everything he could get his hands on (according to the thread). Might be worth checking in with him?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posting links form other jeep forums seems like blasphemy but you may find this thread of interest. It was 5 years ago, but this guy pulled everything he could get his hands on (according to the thread). Might be worth checking in with him?
Yes, I have found that post as well. I did see it had the factory rims but the rear bumper looks really rough on that one and who knows now where that stuff is LOL actually called Jeep about it and the lady I talked to really didn't know a whole lot either except that the body type code has an extra letter in it which she didn't understand

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Never seen or heard of one either but there was a ZJ that looked similar if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts