Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two years late iam sorry haha.
My 40 sounds mean on the 4.0L. Had a turbo muff before and it was decent but nothing like the 40. Howd everything turn out? Now that two years have past iam sure youve figured it out haha.

·
Registered
155 Posts
that's odd i'm measuring mine when i get home

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 stock XJ Classic. And since I've been thinking about spacers to provide a wider stance, I was looking at my wheel setup closer. Low and behold, I've noticed the driver side rear wheel recessed 1.5" more than the other three. This really bothers me. I took out the tape and measured both front and rear wheel base. Both nearly exact 67" to outer tires. I'm now wondering, after reading this thread, if it's just the standard Cherokee engineering? Otherwise, maybe a defect that causes the "death wobble" or in my case, the slight vibration at 57 mph? I have to call Chrysler/Jeep now. I'm getting new snow tires this week and need to know what's going on.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my XJ in february this year, after installing 1.25 " wheel spacers I noticed that the rear axle seems to be off center, is this normal?
It looks like about an inch toward the passenger side.

My 2000 xj classic is the same. Driver rear wheel offset 1.5" towards passenger side, but passenger rear wheel perfectly aligned with front.

Doesn't make much sense, especially when wheel base on both axles is exactly the same (~67"). Something's off visually.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 24 of 24 Posts