Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, thanks for having me onboard! First post on this Forum.
I have a 96 XJ Right Hand Drive that the rear passenger power window was not working. Today I took the panel off and found that both wires had broke off the red connector that plugs into the motor. Very strange but broke off. So there is a purple wire and a brown. I didn't have the proper wire ends to put back into the red coupler, so I used a couple of female spade connectors to repair the wire ends and put them directly onto the motor male spades. Here's the problem: Not knowing which wire went to which spade on the motor, I tried it one way and had UP power motion all the way, but no DOWN. I switched the wires at the motor and have power DOWN motion but no UP. Can someone tell me what the heck is going on here? I'm thinking that if the motor will Power in both directions, that the motor must be ok?
Am I thinking wrong?
Thanks very much for your help with this.
Fast

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds as though the switch might be bad ( or the connectors to it)

.... the motor may be grounded....run a hot to each of the wires individually to see if it will go up and down.....if nothing happens, then
Try attaching a battery directly to the motor.....then reverse the wires ... to see if it will go up AND down....
if you have up and down.....check your switch(es)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts