Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
If it is not over 31" tall, yes if you have the wheels

71 Posts
225's are on my stock zj. They are the overall size of the tire, yes they'll fit. 80 is the width, the tire is 80% of the 225 size and 18r is your rim size (denoted by the "r") . You have to have 18" rims with the proper bolt pattern to put those tires on and then on your jeep, but if you've made it that far, then yes they will fit. If you have any problems, wheel spacers will probably make them fit, without cutting anything, depends on the look your going for. Always check rubbing and clearances to wires, cables, brake lines, fender, wheel well...I've ripped off some stuff with my tires before.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Look at the numbers a 225 on a 18 wheel is about 32" tall and 8" wide and where most jeeps came with 225 on a 15 wheel which is 28" tall and 8" wide.
Big difference between 18s and 15s. Stock wheels came in 4.25" Backspacing and might make them rub. I would say to be safe a 4"-3.75" Backspacing is needed along with some lift unless you don't mind trimming fenders.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
225's are on my stock zj. They are the overall size of the tire, yes they'll fit. 80 is the width, the tire is 80% of the 225 size and 18r is your rim size (denoted by the "r") . You have to have 18" rims with the proper bolt pattern to put those tires on and then on your jeep, but if you've made it that far, then yes they will fit. If you have any problems, wheel spacers will probably make them fit, without cutting anything, depends on the look your going for. Always check rubbing and clearances to wires, cables, brake lines, fender, wheel well...I've ripped off some stuff with my tires before.
Wrong 225 80 18
225 is the width of the tire 80 is the aspect ratio 80 percent of the tread width is sidewall height and 18 is your rim size .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts