Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 cherokee 4x2 that i want to make into a 4x4. i have a buddy that has a 94 4x4 that is willing to swap out the parts. will it fit? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have a 98 cherokee 4x2 that i want to make into a 4x4. i have a buddy that has a 94 4x4 that is willing to swap out the parts. will it fit? :dunno:
hmm i doubt the front axle will just swap right in. your trans will be no good. why not fix the 94 with your 98 seems like way less work. im assuming the 94 doesnt run?

·
Registered
342 Posts
You will need the front axle, transmission, transfercase and front driveshaft and rear driveshaft. As long as the tranny will meet to the motor you will be fine. You will have to have the tranny from the 94 since the 2wd and 4wd tranny have a different tail shaft housing. Swapping the 2wd to the 94 will be just as easy or should be.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i also heard the gears in the rear end of a 2wd are diffrent then those out of a 4x4? and the 98 looks way better then the 94

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
i also heard the gears in the rear end of a 2wd are diffrent then those out of a 4x4? and the 98 looks way better then the 94
i dont know what ever your oppinion is lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts