Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I know nothing about the Grands. If it is a 4.0L it might be the TPS, but I would do a tune up on it first. Plugs, wires, rotor and cap.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Has it thrown any codes (CEL on)? If it has then you may want to get them checked out and see what you come up with.

I had a bad O2 sensor in my previous vehicle and it was causing similar symptoms, which I found weird.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would post a little update:

Bought it into a trusted shop, definitly needs a tune up and turns out I need an O2 sensor. It failed the emissions test and apparently like...6 codes came up? Im hoping this is all it needs...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok/....$650 for an o2 sensor, inspection, tune up, code reading, code reset and resetting the monitors. Does this seem outrageous? My parents know him, so I cant imagine he would rip us off...but why so damn high?

·
Registered
934 Posts
As a technician myself, i can tell you why so high. There's ALWAYS a mark up on cost of parts, plus an average of $80 per labor hour.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Ok/....$650 for an o2 sensor, inspection, tune up, code reading, code reset and resetting the monitors. Does this seem outrageous? My parents know him, so I cant imagine he would rip us off...but why so damn high?
Because thats where they make their profits, I was recently quoted 400$ for a basic tune up:devil:

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
prices for everything are going way up anyways if your doing a basic tune up and you have the needs to... do it your self.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts