Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New gates hoses water pump and tstat. New spectra radiator. New Hayden fan clutch. Flushed with my hose while the pump and stat was out till clear. Before after about 10-15mins idling on a 9x* day it could get as high as 3/4 of the gauge while at idle. It's much better now however after about 20 mins stuck in a drive thru last night it slowly started to creep up just a bit past 210. It's only an issue sitting still. Even before all the new parts. The Shroud is there all of the weird rubber stuff that goes around it to seal it off is there. My guess is stuff still in the block I was thinking about doing a CLR flush but I've never done one. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
10,203 Posts
210 is operating temp. Slightly above that is fine. especially on a 90* day. These engines , assuming it's the 4.0 will run hot. Its a lot of motor. You can try hood vents. or try revving the engine up and see if it cools down. The hayden should be enough to cool it down. Can you hear the fan get louder as the engine heats up? It should sound like a jet when it's fully engaged.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doesn't sound like its overheating anymore to me

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not over heating just running on the warm side. I'm betting if I had waited it would have gone up more. I did find some coolant (a small amount) on top of the water outlet so maybe its got a slow/high pressure leak. Or I just made a mess changing hoses and stuff. I have a stant superstat I am going to swap for the gates when I flush it with some motoraid flush

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
How is your fan shroud?

·
Super Moderator
10,203 Posts
Do yo have a radiator funnel? The kits are cheap and making sure you have all the air burped out a piece of cake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fan shroud and all the rubber inserts around it to direct air flow are all fine.

I don't have one of the spill proof funnels but I believe i got all the air out of it.

I did however notice a small amount of coolant collected on top of the tstat housing so either i made a mess putting it back together and didn't notice, or I have a small/high pressure leak right there. I'm going to pull the stat and swap in a good stant superstat and some flush fluid with a back flush kit to flush it again and blow all the water out with air and see if that helps. Just not sure of which flush fluid is the best though I suspect anything i can easily buy in an autoparts will essentially be the same

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oem stat from dealer. Or online source.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts