Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so I read on the other site, that a guy that is selling his xj did an intake manifold swat to a 99 manifold , he has a 92 I think, and nick posted that was a 40hp swapt,, is it really that good of a swap, whats the diferencess between those two manifolds and if its true will that swap work on my 95 too?

·
Banned
851 Posts
I'm digging all the info up on this topic.(lost it with my last computer restore) Basically what it comes down to is 99 and newer intake is more "rounded" for flow. I'll have to find the write up for you guys to read. Out of cheep mods it's one of the best with large gains I've found...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice, well as soon as you find that let us know

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah you also have to get the power steering pump assembly so it will fit properly..It should bolt right up.
wait what, I need to change the PS for the manifold to fit?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats cool, thanx for the write up,, sucks about needing to change the PS stuff, I could read it completely today, but what happen with the fan? and I believe he change some pistons, or heads or something..

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okok, so just for the manifold swap you need to change the pump stuff nothing else?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
other q. how much grinding will it be for the mani to fit w/o changing the pump stuff..

·
Banned
851 Posts
Not sure I have yet to try this up grade, But I have heard wit the new bracket(found on donor rig) you can make your PS pump work....

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, but I dont find donors any easy here in PR so I would need to buy one, also not too easy to find in a JY so Ill try to not waste so many money,, I can just search real hard to find a manifold and grind it, and fit it in,, bc I like this mod

·
Banned
851 Posts
The reason for the new brackets is the newer manifold is smaller in space, you'd have to "build" a bracket not cut to make it work... You can also use a manifold from a TJ, WJ or XJ of '99 or newer..

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so the mani is smaller in the outside and bigger inside the tubes,, ok,, so how it been smaller affect the PS braket

1 - 20 of 40 Posts