Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been suffering all winter in sub-zero temps with positively no heat. I'm almost resigned to doing the heater core or hocking the Jeep for a few hundred bucks. :devil:

The deal is, I've flushed, reverse-flushed, chemically flushed, etc the heater core about four times. It has flow. The hoses are hot. No heat comes out though. I cut a hole in the dash and moved the blend door by hand, but cold air comes out both ways. Any clues before I rip out the dash?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
then it is the vacuum controlled heater switch right at the firewall before it goes to the heater core. they get stuck infact everytime i turn my heat of i have to go move the thing by hand because the spring no longer opens the valve back up. i know im not making alot sense but this is a simple common prob.find the valve with a vac line on it. it only has vac when the heater control is in the off position which sucks a diaphram that closes the valve bypassing/cutting off the heater core. if its old the valve will not open after vacuum is released and u can get behind the valve mechanism and wiggle it and this works. i have a 2.5 but yours should be the same

·
Registered
934 Posts
The cold/warm blend door is controlled by a motor mounted under the HVAC housing inside the passanger compartment. those tend to go bad and not open/close the blend door letting the air pass the heater core. This might help...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya my motor is good but the door was stuck, thus why I cut the heater box open and now can move the door around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts