Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just made an account on here and a new Jeep owner. I have a 92 Cherokee 4.0 and have been doing some maintenance to it keeper it alive. As I was driving down the highway the ac compressor coil melted and flung a bunch of plastic in my engine bay. I replaced the coil pulley and clutch on the compressor but now I have no heat or ac blowing from the vents at all. I checked the resistor but didn’t thing that’d be it anyway since it doesn’t blow on high. The fuses look good under the hood and the blower motor fuse in the cluster by the brake pedal is good. Swapped the ac relay with my starter relay and same thing. Also the aux fan in the engine bay doesn’t turn on either but it should when I turn on the ac. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have covered a lot of the bases. I Think there is a maxi fuse under the hood for the blower. Did you check for power at the resistor?
The aux fan should come on with the a/c. Worse case scenario, you burned something up in the ECM. Give me a little bit and I see if I can find the wiring diagram for the HVAC system.

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
Here is the blower motor and the ECM module

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks man! So honestly I’m poo at reading those diagrams. The #5 25 amp fuse in them is good that’s by the brake pedal. The ones under the hood are all intact. I don’t think I’m getting power at all to the blower because I just took it out and jumped it and it spun right up. The power gets supplied to the controls in the cabin then goes to the resistor then the blower right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually think I found the problem or at least a problem. I took out the ac relay and jumped it while the engine was running and the clutch engaged which is good but the clutch didn’t spin so I guess when my coil and all went bad the compressor itself seized so I’m going to replace that and service the ac. Hopefully that’ll do it

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
Yes, power comes from the fuse, to the plug on the heater control, then to the blower resistor.
I think you A/C compressor locked up, and that took out your clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts