Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get the teraflex hi steer....will the track bar work with it..been in the stock location...is an aftermarket track bar...but will the angle of it work with it?

also..does the drive shaft for the 8.25 work with the dana 44 of an xj?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've always thought that you ultimately wanted your track bar to be as level with the ground as you can get it, and as long as possible.. Am I wrong??

as far as buying aftermarket trackbars... i bought one, bent it that weekend, took it back and built one for half the price yet 3 times as strong..

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Length of the trackbar will affect how your front axle is centered, so no you don't necessarily want it to be "as long as possible" nor do you want it to be as "short as possible." Kyle is right on, you want it to be parallel to your draglink for the best results.

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
if i get the teraflex hi steer....will the track bar work with it..been in the stock location...is an aftermarket track bar...but will the angle of it work with it?

You will have to raise the track bar, and shorten it a little. ,The drag link will raise about five or seven inches depending on where you position the tie rod end. When you set up the track bar, you will have to also raise the track bar because it needs to be parallel to the drag link. I have done this conversion. Unless you relocate the pivot point on the frame, you will have to also shorten the track bar about 2.5" also. It is preferable to relocate the mounting to the outside, but this amount is not critical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts