Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not like, umm... She smokes cigarettes. Anyways, anybody else find it major hurdle? Seemed like a really nice girl otherwise, but no, she has to be a smoker.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
girls and ciggs are not attractive..

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
It is a major turn off for me. I just can't get past the smell of a wet ashtray. Consequently I have never dated a smoker, although I had plenty of opportunity.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Cigarettes are a pointless creation, and anyone whose susceptible to the wiles of camel and cowboy marketing campaigns and the luster of teenage peer pressure, is too weak-minded for me to waste my time trying to stoke the embers of a potential relationship.

That and they yellow your teeth and make you smell like ****. So if a girl smokes, she isn't worth my time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A woman could be the hottest on the earth and I dont want anything to do with her if she smokes

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Wow...you guys are harsh.

I used to smoke, so I can't condemn anybody else for doing it. As long as she freshens her breath by giving you a mouth hug after each smoke, what's the problem?? ;)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i hate it ...feels like kissing an ash tray

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Lets say you fall madly in love with her. House, kids, etc... She has a 70% chance of dieing due to smoking. Do you really want to go through that?

What if she was an alcoholic, or a drug abuser? Would you still consider getting to know her better? I mean a drunk good looking chick is hard to pass up I know but... :rofl:

·
Registered
953 Posts
ugghhhhh! I would puke! I wouldn't let her mouth touch any part of my body! Unless she gave me money!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets say you fall madly in love with her. House, kids, etc... She has a 70% chance of dieing do to smoking. Do you really want to go through that?

What if she was an alcoholic, or a drug abuser? Would you still consider getting to know her better? I mean a drunk good looking chick is hard to pass up I know but... :rofl:

I know. There'd be a fairly simple ultimatum if I end up persuing anything with her. It's one of those things, kinda look at 'er as a project car. Needs a little work here and there, but providing I didn't miss anything major on the first inspect it might be a solid starting point. Of course, I realize that all projects always wind up costing far more, and not being half as fun as first anticipated.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ugghhhhh! I would puke! I wouldn't let her mouth touch any part of my body! Unless she gave me money!

Wow. So basically you're saying you've entertained the notion of being a hooker?

I guess every man, well every real man, has, though. :rofl:

·
Registered
953 Posts
well since I have this slight addiction in my driveway that is white, has 4 drs, 4 wheel drive and my wife has cut off the vehicle modification fund for now, I have to come up with new and creative ways to make a buck. I know that you understand.:rofl:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
well since I have this slight addiction in my driveway that is white, has 4 drs, 4 wheel drive and my wife has cut off the vehicle modification fund for now, I have to come up with new and creative ways to make a buck. I know that you understand.:rofl:

What we have here is a prostitute plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Wow...you guys are harsh.

I used to smoke, so I can't condemn anybody else for doing it. As long as she freshens her breath by giving you a mouth hug after each smoke, what's the problem?? ;)
Mouth hugs from a smoker.....(barfs). :)

It's not only the breath/mouth that tastes/smells foul, it's their clothing. I can smell a smoker from 5 or 6 feet away. It's an annoying smell.

Dating a hot women who smokes is like driving the modern dodge power wagon that has a 4 cylinder. It just doesn't work for me. :thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I know. There'd be a fairly simple ultimatum if I end up persuing anything with her. It's one of those things, kinda look at 'er as a project car. Needs a little work here and there, but providing I didn't miss anything major on the first inspect it might be a solid starting point. Of course, I realize that all projects always wind up costing far more, and not being half as fun as first anticipated.
Never go into any relationship with the idea that this would be a perfect person to be with if I can only fix _____. It will fail. The person needs to be themselves for their sanity. If you find someone willing to change for you chances are they will resent it, even subconsciously.

There are thousands of people that you are compatible with. Don't buy into the notion that this is your "soul mate". That's a load of crap. If there is something you don't like about a person, move on.

If you are so desperate to "make" a relationship work out, well that's really bad and you should be alone until you figure out what your problem is. Don't settle, don't fix. A good relationship should be a natural thing, not forced.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never go into any relationship with the idea that this would be a perfect person to be with if I can only fix _____. It will fail. The person needs to be themselves for their sanity. If you find someone willing to change for you chances are they will resent it, even subconsciously.

There are thousands of people that you are compatible with. Don't buy into the notion that this is your "soul mate". That's a load of crap. If there is something you don't like about a person, move on.

If you are so desperate to "make" a relationship work out, well that's really bad and you should be alone until you figure out what your problem is. Don't settle, don't fix. A good relationship should be a natural thing, not forced.

Woah. You're moving too fast for me here. I was thinking that she'd be a lot of fun if she didn't have this dirty habit, not 'I'm going to hawk my excess jeep parts to buy her a wedding ring'.

Although, you do make a good point.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Woah. You're moving too fast for me here. I was thinking that she'd be a lot of fun if she didn't have this dirty habit, not 'I'm going to hawk my excess jeep parts to buy her a wedding ring'.

Although, you do make a good point.
lol, oh I know it's all fun and games at first. Next thing you know there are children, seperation and divorce. You look at this as just someone fun to be with, I remember what happened after the "fun to be with". I think they call it "shell shock". :rofl:

My second marriage I did what I told you above. It's been a great 17 years of marriage and nearly a year of dating her prior to that. I cannot stress enough NOT to go down the path I did in my first marriage.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts