Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GLXJ went down to Haspin Acres today. It was a muddy swamp to say the least. Everyone got stuck, thank God for winches! It was so slimey you really could not steer in places. It was fun to get out again though.:thumbsup: Now it's time to get the power washer out!

Let's see, one guy drowned his out in a big hole, another pulled a valve stem out and had a flat, one broke the passenger side mirror off, and the worst one... a guy had an almost brand new Rubicon, he dinged a couple of trees, and late in the day it caught on fire. He had slid down into a wash that was steep enough to cause it to puke alittle tranny fluid out the dipstick right onto the exhaust manifold. We got it out, and there was no damage, it was just the fluid that was burning.

Hope to have more pic's later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. Got any more pics. Looks like I'm going to have to make it to Indiana someday.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Good Job KIm

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of the group waiting for the other stuck Jeeps to be pulled out.

The Rubicon just as the fire was put out.

Taking a short break.

Just a "little" too deep!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice. Got any more pics. Looks like I'm going to have to make it to Indiana someday.
We used to go up to Canada every year, beautiful country!:thumbsup: I'd like to make it up there again sometime.

We'll all have to get together sometime. Haspin is a nice place, MILES of trails. Only "problem" with Haspin is if it has rained it is a swamp. I don't mind some mud but yesterday was too much for me. It got old waiting for yourself, or someone else to get pulled out. If has been dry, Haspin becomes a dust bowl. The dust very fine choking/blinding in places.

I spent $14 this morning at the car wash, and that was just getting the mud off the body. The under body is still caked with mud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spent $14 this morning at the car wash said:
neat trick is to get two of those arch type garden sprinklers and put them up under the vehicle, sit back enjoy some cold adult beverages and let them do the work!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
cool pics,, I think I know that guy in the green comanche... i think his user name is LeadnotFallow something like that in a comanche site...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool pics,, I think I know that guy in the green comanche... i think his user name is LeadnotFallow something like that in a comanche site...
Yeah that's Lead not Follow's MJ. He's also the "owner" of GreatLakesXJ.com site. He flogged the s**t out of that MJ that day!:D Poor little 2.5L.:(

:D As far as the sprinklers thing. Yeah I guess that would work, only one problem. You would be so hammered by the time they got all the mud washed off, you would forget to turn the water off.:D Hell you might forget your name!:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts