Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an AAL kit from RC, and all I need now is...

How the hell do I mount these things? The directions are for crap and don't explain a thing... I have new HD leaf packs from Quadratec for my XJ, an AAL kit from RC (3" lift), new location pins, and new leaf clips...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I took my leaf packs apart and placed in like 3rd one from the top. Unless you have the short leaf then it just goes at the top of the leaf pack.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
You take apart your leaf spring and insert the AAL in there. Think of your leaf springs as an upside down pyramid. Stack em so it's in order from smallest (bottom) to longest (top).

If you have the leaf springs off the vehicle, all you have to do is remove the spring clamps (two) and then the center pin. Use c-clamps to hold the pack together while you remove these so it doesn't explode apart.

http://www.skyjacker.com/image/search/pdf/AAL.pdf

How to: Install an Add A Leaf (W/ Pics) - Tacoma World Forums

·
Premium Member
9,153 Posts
Before you start find yourself a C clamp. You may need it to compress the leaves together. If you try to use just the center bolt, you can strip the threads because they are soft.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I tried to get the spring pack apart, and I can't get the spring clamps to come apart, and on top of that, where the hell do I put the new ones?

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Ok, so I tried to get the spring pack apart, and I can't get the spring clamps to come apart, and on top of that, where the hell do I put the new ones?
Take some pictures. Dunno what kind of clamps yours has. If you already have a net set of spring clamps then feel free to destroy the ones already on there since you can just replace em with what you bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts