Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I literally have it at the Jeep dealer where it was bought in 1998 and they are still having problems bleeding it, even tried a reverse bleed (whatever the f that is) and it still didn't work

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
It is imperative that they have a DRB III tool to do the ABS bleed, otherwise you may still have air bubbles in the ABS pump.

I believe a snap on mt2500 also can bleed that abs pump.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is imperative that they have a DRB III tool to do the ABS bleed, otherwise you may still have air bubbles in the ABS pump.

I believe a snap on mt2500 also can bleed that abs pump.
yeah I’ve checked with the dealer and they are using the drb 3, they can’t bleed it properly. This will be the 3rd abs pump we’ve tried, wtf is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Outside of checking on grounds and connector contacts, it's beyond my knowledge at this point. Let us know what happens?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jeep dealer says the abs pump has no pressure and can't bleed it

A month or so ago I've had an auto electrician take off the black module computer at the back and soldier some bad joints to take off the ABS light, jeep dealer mechanics reckon this might've been a bad move.

I don't see how, are they talking shite?

·
Super Moderator
10,612 Posts
Um, I'm gonna side with the stealership on this one. If they are not getting proper results and control module is the same one you had repaired, it most certainly could be the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah we also
Um, I'm gonna side with the stealership on this one. If they are not getting proper results and control module is the same one you had repaired, it most certainly could be the problem.
yeah we also tried two second hand ones before this and wouldn't bleed and ABS light stayed on

where do you buy new ones lol

·
Super Moderator
10,612 Posts
I'm impressed that a shop still takes the time to do these types of repairs. It's possible his repair has failed. I'm all out of ideas.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts