Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a snorkel within the next couple weeks. Most likely gonna go with the ARB over building a custom one, they say you have to move the washer fluid, anyone is installed one before? did you have to move it? and where to?

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
If I remember correctly, get a washer fluid resovoir from an older XJ and it mounts under the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Yes that is what I remember as well.

I want one too but finding a hard time justifying it.

Are you expecting a flood? Don't forget to warn your Jeep brethren! :bow:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Info is correct pertaining to washer fluid.

On a cool, dry morning....you'll notice some additional performance from that fresh air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You may want to check out AirFlow Snorkel. If I'm reading it right, you don't have to move the washer container. Check out this link.

Airflow

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know with our 96 XJ, using the ARB unit......we did'nt cut into the structure of the vehical as it appears the Airflow unit suggests.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
This is great! I didn't know someone made a snorkle that fit with bushwackers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you expecting a flood? Don't forget to warn your Jeep brethren! :bow:
haha yes i am, trails near me have some deeeep puddles

Thanx for the help all, airflow is looking like i winner, ill let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, decided to go with building a custom one, im good with the whole piping outside, but any suggestions for the tie in to the stock air box?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prices are just stupid, ha an i hear bad things on the airflow and the arb....plus im a plumber so..hell why not lol. Put the $350 to something else on jeep

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Prices are just stupid, ha an i hear bad things on the airflow and the arb....plus im a plumber so..hell why not lol. Put the $350 to something else on jeep
yeah i hear you on the price. the only bad things i have heard about them is weather wear.
but x2 on the money towards something else.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
im not going to get a snorkel until i notice that im going to need one alot more then i thought.... because they just look rediculis to me.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
im not going to get a snorkel until i notice that im going to need one alot more then i thought.... because they just look rediculis to me.
Ridiculous or not, you don't want to find yourself in a situation where the best case is you hydra-lock your engine and the worse case you drown.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but it does flood here in Houston occasionally, and it always seems to happen when your on the way home.

Now that found out there is a product that is more reasonably priced and will fit bushwackers, and you can keep the washer fluid bottle where it is!!!! I'm sold.

Oh, I think it looks tough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts