Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm gonna get some flak for this but I have an 03 JGC Limited (2wd) so I decided lifting it was kind of useless. I got a good deal on some late model wrangler rims (18 x 7.5) and was hoping to find some widish, aggressive tread, but smallish sidewall tires to fit them. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can start looking? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Yeah, aggressive low profiles is kind of an oxymoron. My suggestion is to find a good tire shop local to you and tell them what you want . I'm sure they are out there. With that outta the way . Why would lifting a 2wd be useless? Have you ever wheeled your wj ? They do pretty damn good and in some cases better (with good tires and weight in the back) than a 4x4.its all in how you drive it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not but I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed off the trails. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Though I don't mean like 2 inch sidewalls. Maybe four... Lol

·
Super Moderator
10,927 Posts
Damn good times Bro! I thought you were nuts going without a front drive shaft, but the Beast made it!

I have not but I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed off the trails. Lol

True Jeep friends may rib ya a little, but with real good mud tires and a posi rear, you will hang will all but the most hardcore!

Lift it, put some mud tires on it and go have a great time! But remember:

:worthlesswithoutpic

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Cooper at3 or cooper zeon

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from VA Beach! I's sure the tires are out there you're looking for. I can usually find anything using the web and Google. Good Luck on your new adventure!

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Nothing wrong with a lifted 2wd rig. Stick a locker in the back and it'll go most places except uphill in reverse lol.

I wheeled one for a couple years.

Kept up with the big blazer easily...

·
Registered
206 Posts
About a million years ago my uncle issued me an amc general M151A2, and I drove that little thing all over Fort Lewis. The only time I ever put it in 4WD was when I had beaten on it so bad that the rear axle shafts fell out, so I put it in 4WD and ran it like a front wheel drive 'till I got it back to the motor pool. You'd be surprised at the places you can go if you're pulling on both rear wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. That actually makes me feel a lot better guys. Lol. Mild lift and swampers it is then. Ill post pics up once I got 'er done. Cheers.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
It's your vehicle and it's up to you. You want a low rider, do it. You want a trail Jeep, do it. But ask yourself: what are you going to use it for the most?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's your vehicle and it's up to you. You want a low rider, do it. You want a trail Jeep, do it. But ask yourself: what are you going to use it for the most?
I would definitely like the option to hit some trails. It being my daily, however, most of the driving will be on road. I prefer the lifted look, plus being in the north east the snow is knocking ng on our door.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Cooper at3 or goodyear duratracs. done deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts