Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of affordable all season tires should I purchase for my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I do highway driving most of the time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Just purchased 4 new Hankook at's for the wife's commander, can't speak for mileage yet but so far pretty happy with them

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
The two best ATs i can think of are the BFG KO and the Goodyear Druatrac.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Cooper tires

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've heard good things about the general grabber at2 also. I don't think you could go wrong with any well known AT tire honestly. I would stay away from cheap tires.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Wife tried to save some $ last year and bought Jetzon at's. Junk just pure junk,they lasted less than 15,000 mi ....... stick with a well known company it's cheaper in the long run

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I think the OP wants All SEASON tires, not all terrains. All seasons have non-aggressive tread for better highway manners and longer life.

I can't help with this since I never touch A/S tires.

I run goodyear authority A/T on both of my jeeps. Fantastic tire.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Oops,my bad. I know nothing about all-seasons exept they don't do very well in the snow,they will get you by but that's it.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I guess I misread too. I think the best all season tires ever are Michelin light truck tires. Get the ones with the squiggly sipes. They come in sizes up to 32" and just don't slip on ice and snow

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
4.3L XJ said:
I guess I misread too. I think the best all season tires ever are Michelin light truck tires. Get the ones with the squiggly sipes. They come in sizes up to 32" and just don't slip on ice and snow
I had those on my stock 00 Cherokee. They were good tires for sure.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I guess it depends on what you would consider "affordable", do you have a budget in mind?

I don't know if you have them in the States, but up here we have the Wild Country brand. Best tires besides BFG's that I have ever owned, they make all seasons / AT's etc...great tread wear, quiet on the streets, really just a good all around tire. I'll be going back to their AT's in the Spring.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those Goodyear wranglers at Walmart for $100 each tire last for basically ever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Craigslist should have a ton of Goodyear gsa tires since a lot of jeepers take them off for upgraded tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here. I'm beginning to run low on tread on my BFG tires and have been looking around for a decent all season tire as well. I've been looking at the Kumho Solus TA11 tires that I found on www.tirecrazy.com, does anyone have any experience with these? They've got some president's day promotion and I'm really considering taking advantage before this deal is gone.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
It seems like they are more of a car tire than something an SUV would use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run 235 Goodyear Wranglers for winter months. I put them on a little early. Buddy called and said he was stuck in a hole with his 4seat Razor. I figured I’d see what they would do. Drove into hole 20ft up to bottom of doors hooked up and backed out pulling that razor. Have to say they are awesome tires for $.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Nearly every tire Goodyear makes for light truck applications is called a wrangler. Which tires are you talking about?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts