Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
One Goodyear tire I would say never use is the Wrangler RTS. I had one fall apart at the bead. They replaced it free. Then about halfway through their tread 2 of the 4 had belt shift. Wobbling all over the place. My dad had the same tires at the same time. He had 3 of 4 with belt shift. I will avoid Goodyear from now on.
I have run 5 or 6 sets of BF Goodrich down to nothing with no problems. Coopers have also treated me very good. Currently running General's about 6,000 miles on them. I like them great traction not loud and don't seem to be wearing fast.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I have had nasty luck with some Goodyear tires too. Had a couple of 11X15 Wranglers steel belts fall apart and become cousins of porcupines. Had other belt separations etc. The seem to make better tires for others than their own brand

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have had some Goodyear Wrangler Radials since last year and have been very happy with them. They were not very expensive, but the only issue is they do not have a very good warranty.

·
Super Moderator
10,927 Posts
I put MasterCraft courser A/T on my Jetta. Over a year ago. I have been very happy with them in the snow and rain. 215/75/15. $325.00. Even drove 3 hours to get them. I would not have a problem putting them on an SUV.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts