Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finished up the Hi speed relay and added a little led light when the fans come on! Woot Woot.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I have the dirtbound 3 fan shroud and spal fans and OMG they move some air

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
Good job Gluck

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Looks super handy. Well done.

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Got these in the mail saturday. Thanks XJWonders. Today is Thursday. Sinus infections suck.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got the new cables installed. Need some wire loom cause the factory stuff is too small. ?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nice catch Ralph... and Gluck?. Forgot about HF. But now that I think about it, that's where I got the loom to do the trailer wiring last summer.

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Finally piece of the puzzle.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Finally got around to mounting that 50 Cal I see.....lol

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
nice set up
Thanks.

UPDATE! I am very pleased with this setup. I haven't had a chance to wheel with it yet, But I have pulled my 7x12 trailer 60+ miles. I really like that I put a lite in the circuit so I know when the fans are on. I also have a trans temp gauge, which, when it starts to get about 180 I can put the both fans on, and the taurus on high. At highway speeds, 55mph, the only time I needed high was on a long pull on a hill. Other than that, :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
OK Pizzaman, where did you get your fans?
My jeeps was overheating and I couldn't figure out why? I could hear my fans come on, and the little led light was on. I though it was a radiator cap and I replaced that. Then I decide to open the hood and make sure both fans were working. I didn't have much faith in the stock AUX fan and I figured it had died. Nope, The low speed on the 2 speed taurus fan died. That definitely explains my heat issue. But since I had wired the fans into the toggles in the cab, I could just override the ECM and turn the high speed of the taurus on, which still works, a little too well, cause it really pulls the temp down. 90 degrees outside and it will keep the engine at about 180. so now I am either replacing the taurus fan motor, or completely redoing it with 3 10" fans. Decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
Personally, I think you should stick with the Taurus fan. It pulls 2800 cfm on high speed. The typical three fan set up will not come close to that. I run the Taurus fan on high speed only. Shuts on and off. The only drawback is that it pulls 38 amps running and and about 80 on start up I am told. I have a larger alternator now and that is not a problem. Sure works well. I use a GM fan switch to run the relay for it. Also due to power draw, I went to a golf cart solenoid. I kept burning up 50 amp relays.

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well you know what they say, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. ;)
I have a 100A for the high side and 40 amp for the low. I just checked this morning, with a jumper, the high side will pull 58 amps on start up, then hovers around 30 amps while running. If I go to 3 fans that's about $300.00 and a replacement Taurus fan motor is between $50-80.

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
Yes, more is better and too much is just right. I made a mistake on the cfm. The Taurus fan pulls 3800 on high. And just for giggles my aux fan pulls 2200 also. 7000 cfm total :D

21 - 40 of 72 Posts