Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Oh I have no doubt in the Taurus fans ability to move air, my tranny cooler is right in front of it. And correct me if I'm wrong, 3800 + 2200 equal 6000. :sneaky: over all, I am sold on this system.

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
OK, you are right. Can't add anymore

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I can't believe I clicked the link...but was pleasantly surprised to see what was there instead of what was in my head. Little sigh of relief and back to work. SMH Gluck...

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
Yup, there is a paradigm shift for you

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Local radio station (WDVE) had a contest awhile back . It was to see how could add music too it . Pretty funny with the selection of rock, blues and blue grass versions.

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Fear not, for no good deed goes unpunished.
My fan repair just ran off the tracks. I ordered a replacement fan from rock auto and was all excited to get it installed. Me being anal, I decided to check the 2 speeds but just hooking jumpers up to the battery. Well, It worked sorta. It has 3 wires and 1 speed. it doesn't matter which wire you use it was only running on 1 speed. They said this was an OEM replacement, well guess what. no it isn't. So now I have to return it and try to find another one. FML

·
Premium Member
10,255 Posts
Chinese?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Order a spal fan buddy and make a fan shroud. Spal fans are the best fan I have ever used

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
For those of us that are the curious types, here are some pics of my radiator fan motor from a 3.8l taurus. The low speed quit working, and since I had some spare time today, decided to see if could fiss it. :) Yep, I gotter working. It's neat cause it uses different sets of brushes for the different speeds. The small set is high and the big set is low. I know this because the big set was stuck and the little set wasn't. It's also a permanent magnet motor. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
11,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Order a spal fan buddy and make a fan shroud. Spal fans are the best fan I have ever used

My research on spal fans is they don't pull near the CFM's I am currently getting. a 10" high performance is rated at 1115 CFM's x's 3 is only 3345 which is less that my stock aux fan and low on the taurus. I guess it's gonna take alot more convincing. And they are pricey. $146.00 each

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
In Florida heat I can run around town all day on 37s with one fan and stay below 210. With 2 on I can trail ride and stay around 200-205. When I was dukes of Hazzarding my Jeep at the sand pit never even got over 210 and I was really heavy on the petal. Unlike the eBay fans that say the same I think they move way more air. I bought one thinking it was just hype. They move like 3-4 times the amount of air of the eBay fans. I had 3 fans on the dirtbound fan shroud and had a hard time cooling. Now just one runs most of the time.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Buy one from Amazon and try it. If you don't like it send it back.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts