·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #621

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Looking good man. I like the new meats.

What did you end up doing with those wheels I sold ya?

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
Looking good man. I like the new meats.

What did you end up doing with those wheels I sold ya?
Still got 'em! :D And with the treadwrights still surviving. I have my other set of buckshot mudders still too!

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
Yeah!! MUDDDDD!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
I got to Phase 2 of my swing arm tire carrier. Fabbed up the latch mechanism. Welded in the brackets and drilled it to fit a 1/4" hair pin. Extended the wheel mounting bracket. And moved my license plate. Not to bad for half a days work.
Still gotta grind down the welds, bolt the wear plate down, put a light on the license plate and get her off to powder coat. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
Got my Carbon Offoad Chromoly axles installed along with my dana spicer ball joints. Total time: 3.5 Hours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
I started a frame stiffener and floor pan thread: Frame stiffeners and floor pans March 28th, 2018. Spent and month and a half working on it. Finished up May 9th and got it inspected May 10. What a job. Happy with the results. A few pics of the ordeal..

Ruff stuff Mid frame stiffeners - $243.82 shipped
Classic to Current front and rear floor pans - $203.06 shipped
Dirtbound Offroad - $125.10 Shipped.
And about $150.00 in misc stuff, (paint, seam sealer, grinding wheels, mig wire & gas, etc.)

A few pics, all the pics are in the write-up.

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
Installed a Rusty's Offroad T Case Skid plate May 8th.

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
June 3rd, 2018 I took her out for a shakedown run, with a few buddies. FJ Cruiser and an Exterra. Both respectable rigs. Although, I am NOT a fan of IFS for off road. These guys had basically ZERO flex. But they followed me everywhere. So they get my vote: :thumbsup:

FWIW, I had to talk both of them into posing on the big block. I think they look cool!

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
Kids bought me a Front diff cover for Fazza's day. Went to install it but absolutely did not like the location of the fill plug. while stressing and scratching my head over whether or not to install it, I was looking around as I always do, (I guess it's a disorder, :dunno:) And found my passenger side control arm bracket cracked and separated. Er MA Gerd.

So, today was fix it day. I just recently became the owner of a Lincoln HD flux core welder. Since my buddy with the Miller 300 didn't answer his phone. I was going for it. I played a little and ran a few passes on metal the same thickness as the bracket. Then I started to weld the bracket. Not the best welds, certainly would have been better with the Mig on the Miller, but I got it done. And I think it will hold.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Just keep an eye on it. If rips, it rips. Weld it stronger and do it again. Looks good. I'm definitely jealous of the framework.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Weld looks good enough to get her to my place to mig it......just saying...you got more than one buddy with a mig ?

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
EVERYTHING IS GONE SINCE DECEMBER LAST YEAR. WTF!!!!

CT will not get another dime from me.

621 - 640 of 727 Posts