Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

641 - 660 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
At least mine stops in april of this year. You got screwed!

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
When this **** all started, I think mine went to May. Now It's everything back to December.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When this **** all started, I think mine went to May. Now It's everything back to December.
Man, I feel your frustration. It is not only frustrating for you but for all of us who like to browse Build threads to get ideas.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Jeep wave!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,261 Posts
Very nice

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Looked like a ton of fun!

I'm hoping to get down to the Badlands park here in Western Indiana shortly after getting the axles finished; Hopefully sometime this fall.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
I ordered Dana/spice Ball joints for mine. Again. Hopefully these will last more than a year.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I was looking at your build thread and noticed your black antenna mount. It was interesting because is was enclosed. Seems it would be better so it would not catch on anything. How has it held up for you. What is the make and model. Where did you get it. Is it still on your rig?

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
I was looking at your build thread and noticed your black antenna mount. It was interesting because is was enclosed. Seems it would be better so it would not catch on anything. How has it held up for you. What is the make and model. Where did you get it. Is it still on your rig?
I purchased it at a local CB shop. It's a fender mount. I don't recall the name brand. I kinda broke it when I laid my jeep on it's side doing "50' of fun" at Doe Valley off road park. But, I would expect that! It only cracked the inner part. I tried to JB weld it. which would have worked but I always kept an american flag attached to the top of my 3' firestick, which was attached to a CB mount spring and 60 MPH down the highway cracked it again. :( Overall I was really happy with it and the location. We had some really strong winds a couple months back, that coupled with highway speeds and the flag, and the spring mount broke. The fender mount was fine! Now I gotta buy another firestick. I miss my flag! :(

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like that Azzy's Gauge Light Kit install. Did you also do the LED upgrade. Do you have a pic of what it looks like lit up at night?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #652 (Edited)
I sure doo...

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Is that Dash skin something you can buy that is previously made? I wonder if there is a camo one.

I just ordered the Azzy's guage kit.
I also ordered Blue LEDs from Onewaylight.com

I was debating on which White Gauge Kit I wanted. I had seen a sample of the one that was blue and red. I am glad I was able to see the one you have. It helped me make my decision. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
That "skin" is hydrodipped in "Ghost Flames". A buddy of mine does it. I put that in the one of a kind category.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Also, I noticed the panel inside the instrument cluster you have is black. I was looking at mine and it was grey. Did you paint that or did it come that dark?

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Also, I noticed the panel inside the instrument cluster you have is black. I was looking at mine and it was grey. Did you paint that or did it come that dark?
Dang that was a long time ago, :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure one was black and the other grey. And I just switched them. I think I did that when I had them hydrodipped.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
I never thought I would say this: I installed a Rough Country Tie rod. The thing is pretty beefy. My old steering was from a V8 ZJ (1998) The rods are solid. But I have been having a hard time finding a tie rod at my local parts store to replace a bad one. Since I had to order it I just ordered an upgraded tie rod. But it uses the STOCK XJ tie rod ends. Which the threaded part is much smaller than that of the ZJ. We shall see how they hold up on the rocks. Fingers crossed.
I don't have a pic of it installed. it was dark when I finished. I also had to replace my air box since it somehow cracked and was letting water in, and as you know I have a snorkel and this is not good. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I told you. Where's the anti seize on your threads. I haven't broke it yet.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
I told you. Where's the anti seize on your threads. I haven't broke it yet.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Dude! It's laying on my kitchen floor. You think I'm allowed to have anti-seize in the house?? :eek:

Trust me, I have plenty on there!

Went wheeling today and I think it did fine. Gonna look tomorrow in the daylight. I just got home about 9pm.

641 - 660 of 727 Posts