Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my APN Header painted VHT Flameproof black and i have a Felpro Intake/Exhaust Gasket, only 3 Injector O-ring's (so far), PB Blaster, and a can of B12 Chemtool.

I have only the basic Socket Set and Wrenches. I plan on getting a 14mm/9/16" U-Joint, a couple more extensions, and at least a 14mm/9/16" Ratcheting Wrench. I will rent a Torque Wrench as well.

Anything else that i might need to get prior to tearing down my only daily driver??? :unsure:

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i was gonna PB Blast them a few more times and work them out gently, maybe heat them up w/a torch?

Been looking online for these bolts, but no luck yet...
Do you know what size they are, and where can i locate a set?
:blink:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yah pound out the studs on the collector and use bolts. Be careful to REALLY make sure you have a good bite on the collector stud bolts. Since it is your daily driver rounding them off would be bad. Good Luck '' YOU CAN DO IT "

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I just put the nut on the stud and pound them out then take the nut off. Hey Backwood I have been trying to get ahold of you. I feel like i got stood up on a date lol.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah i shot mine down with pb-blaster a number of days in a row before i took mine apart... had no problem with the bolts coming out. If it's your dd then you need to be careful spraying that on then running it... i don't know if it will catch fire or not but i know it smokes so I can see it as a fire hazard.

Don't forget to spray down the bolts on the bottom of the intake/header... i think there are 4 of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts