Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres something else weird its been doin could be related. More so in 4h but does it a 2h if im on a pretty flat road and i let of the gas fast i can hear something bang together and the same if i hit the gas fast half way or so. when hitting the gas it sounds like something is turning or spinning and is catching up to and banging what ever its connected to and then spinning or turning that.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
it could be a front wheel u joint or any of the driveline u joints

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did change the fronts like 18mts ago and again when I turn the wheel hard in a slow turn the u-joints are pretty loud. Is it common for them to need to be replaced offten. my jeeps stock..tires are 235 15s.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I did change the fronts like 18mts ago and again when I turn the wheel hard in a slow turn the u-joints are pretty loud. Is it common for them to need to be replaced offten. my jeeps stock..tires are 235 15s.
not really but it sounds like they might be bad if youre turning slowly and noticing that

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the banging sound when i press and release the gas quickly sounds to be the driveline somewhere. its does it slightly in 2 wheel but more so in 4h. I dont feel anything in trans and t case shifter i feel it from the floor. I hope im making some kind of sense. I dont think that sound is the front u joints they make there own sound when i turn hard like pulling in a parking spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts