Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reason i ask is this bumper is on sale right now
97-01
Nates 4x4
84-96
Nates 4x4

any way i thought id ask to see if any body delt with them before and also spread the word on this sale since it seems like a good deal

the way i see it is i was going to spend $100 on the d ring shackle kit from here XJ Recovery Products but this bumper is only $60 more and looks bad arse :cheers:

should i buy :dunno:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Yeah, I tried ordering a bumper from them, but their security certificate is either fake or out of date, so I am building my own.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the reason i ask is this bumper is on sale right now
97-01
Nates 4x4
84-96
Nates 4x4

any way i thought id ask to see if any body delt with them before and also spread the word on this sale since it seems like a good deal

the way i see it is i was going to spend $100 on the d ring shackle kit from here XJ Recovery Products but this bumper is only $60 more and looks bad arse :cheers:

should i buy :dunno:
Love the price. If the site certificate is bad, or expired, I'd use an earlier invention, that works almost as quickly as the Internet. The phone. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i always use the phone that way i can find things out like if its made to order, a stock item, how soon it will be shipped, a name of who i talked to, but i work in parts sales so its force of habit :thumbsup:

·
Banned
851 Posts
They have great products, just slow to ship and don't always answer there phone. From what I've heard on many other site do to the economy Nate's 4x4 is back to a one man show.

But I've seen his bumpers first hand and they are great quality..

·
Registered
557 Posts
I just repaired a Jeep a few days ago and installed one of his bumpers on a customers Jeep. It's a decent bumper when considering it's cost. I liked the mounting, incorporating the lower bolts for the steering box and a large bolt further back. 6 points on drivers and IIRC 4 on pass side.

However, the winch tray was cheesy, just a flat plate across the top. It'll no doubt pull up and forward on a hard pull. I'll be adding some gussets to the one i installed at a later date. Approach angle could be an issue as well. But like i said.. not a bad bumper for the price.

The owner also had a bit of a wait for his, but like everybody else's it came in time. Just consider that going in to the purchase.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Not a bad price at all, I may be acting on that deal :D
Good luck ordering from them right now. For the past month their security certificate has expired or is fake.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
:rofl: I didnt notice that. I guess we now know why they are hurting for business.
I know, they lost two sales because of that. My buddy and I were actually going to buy two of their rear bumpers last night but since their website was all messed up, we are building it instead. I'll probably do a writeup on it and have it posted here in a week, if all goes well.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I know, they lost two sales because of that. My buddy and I were actually going to buy two of their rear bumpers last night but since their website was all messed up, we are building it instead. I'll probably do a writeup on it and have it posted here in a week, if all goes well.
You try email or calling them?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I sent him an email, im looking at the recessed winch bumper but I dont know if its going to cause any problems with space for the winch being that its recessed. So I asked for pictures, if any of you have pictures or know about the recessed winch bumper let me know.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update:

well its not here yet and i am getting a little pissy i have called him a bunch got a hold of him and he said he would call me back with a shipping #, never called me back so today i called him and got through he said he had to load his CP up to get me that # so he asked if he could E-mail me the # he said i would have it in 1/2 hr that was at 12:00 this afternoon i waited till i got home to check and nothing so i will be calling again tomorrow, we will see i guess

:devil::devil::devil:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts