Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is an expert in TV and Audio equipment? I have an issue with my setup and cannot figure it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same here. I installed a lot of stuff in cars, my home and did ProSound install/mixing over the last 20 years, but I don't have a PhD to show for it. :) Always happy to share my opinion and experience.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hard to tell not looking at it .I'm here for you though......that guy above me is like rainman with that kinda stuff glad he's close to me for sure.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Which remote control did you use? Maybe use another one lol. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry guys been busy. I believe I sorted out the issue but here's the story anyhow:

I have a P50ST50 plasma tv hooked up to a sound system and blah blah. It sat in the middle of the wall on a tv stand. The input notification has been popping up at the top left corner of the screen every few minutes saying "Input 1 Blu Ray" or "Input 2", or whatever input I was using. It wasn't a big deal seeing that, however, it shut off the sound system every time it popped up. I had to restart the sound system to get it back on. If I had unplugged the sound system then it would shut off the tv speakers instead. I messed with a bunch of settings and tried different cables, setups, etc. but nothing worked and I was led to believe my TV or sound system was going.

Then my gf and I decided to move the entire unit away from the pellet stove, which it sat next to about 5 feet away. We were thinking the heat was affecting it BUT the pellet stove has a blower and it was not in direct path of the blown heat(88 degrees was the highest recorded temp next to TV) but we tried anyways. It has not done it since we moved it to the other side of the room. It seems that the pellet stove affected the tv in some way. Heat? Electrical Interference? Both the system and stove were plugged into the same line going to both outlets but now they are not.

So the issue has been solved but I still wonder how the stove was affecting the unit.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Interesting. Im going with interference. My Jeep picks up all kinds of sounds through my CB, and lately my stereo as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
I'm gonna also go with electrical interference. Did it only happen when the blower was on?

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blower is on all the time while the stove is heating. I haven't had the stove off in a while so I don't know if it does it when it's off or not. It was not doing it over the summer though.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
When I had dish network installed, one of the wireless hoppers would not work because it was too close to my network access point. As soon as I moved my AP the hopper started working. Always read warnings about interference, but this was the first time it had happened. I'm guessing it was either something in the stove, or close to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, in order not to suffer with this problem, I advise you to forget about cable TV and switch to streaming. This is much better and more profitable. I gave up cable TV a few years ago and I don't regret it. As soon as I found an alternative at yourmoneygeek.com immediately switched to streaming. And this was my best decision, since I was able to save a lot of money. Now I pay three times less and can watch whatever I want without this annoying ad

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Well I sure hope he solved the problem by now hoss, it's been 2 years since the last post in this thread.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, in order not to suffer with this problem, I advise you to forget about cable TV and switch to streaming. This is much better and more profitable. I gave up cable TV a few years ago and I don't regret it. As soon as I found an alternative at yourmoneygeek.com immediately switched to streaming. And this was my best decision, since I was able to save a lot of money. Now I pay three times less and can watch whatever I want without this annoying ad
Spammer?

I don't even have cable. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts