Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just wrap anything, like a hose, without doing the prep work? Will it still work?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've dealt with tons of it... I've never used it on anything except exhaust. We had other heat reflective sleeves that we slid over things like wiring and oil lines, coolant lines, and fuel lines that we wanted to keep heat and other crap off of...
I don't see why you can't use it. I will offer a word of advice if you do...
Wear long sleeves, and gloves, in fact, I'd tape the sleeve cuffs to the gloves (It's got fiberglass in it, so it gets in your skin and will drive you nuts), and use reg. hose clamps, not that junk they give you with it, you'll save yourself a headache later...

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've dealt with tons of it... I've never used it on anything except exhaust. We had other heat reflective sleeves that we slid over things like wiring and oil lines, coolant lines, and fuel lines that we wanted to keep heat and other crap off of...
I don't see why you can't use it. I will offer a word of advice if you do...
Wear long sleeves, and gloves, in fact, I'd tape the sleeve cuffs to the gloves (It's got fiberglass in it, so it gets in your skin and will drive you nuts), and use reg. hose clamps, not that junk they give you with it, you'll save yourself a headache later...
What other heat reflective sleeves did you use?

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Used to use a ton of this stuff on the Sprint Cars when I was running all over the place wrenching. Like Bow use gloves the fiberglass will drive you crazy. Stuff does work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts