Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys that hunt/3d what equipment and arrows you using.
I'm shooting

Mathews Bow
Alpine Soft Loc Quiver One Piece
Goldtip Carbon Arrows with Vanes
Rocket Steelhead 3 Blade Expandables
Trophy Ridge Site
Scott Shark Release

·
Registered
872 Posts
I had the archery bug some years back as well. I've been out of it for a bit, but I like shooting pretty much anything, gun or otherwise!! I had a Bear First Strike, it was a POS, but I out shot buddies with high dollar stuff!! So...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pearson Diamondback VX @ 63lb.
Pearson 2 piece quiver
Toxonics 3 pin sight
Timberline NoPeep
Whisker Bisquit
Easton 460 Redline shafts
Blazer vanes
Sonic 100 gr. broadheads
Tru Fire release

Here it is set up for 3D with the quiver removed.
[/IMG]

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pearson Diamondback VX @ 63lb.
Pearson 2 piece quiver
Toxonics 3 pin sight
Timberline NoPeep
Whisker Bisquit
Easton 460 Redline shafts
Blazer vanes
Sonic 100 gr. broadheads
Tru Fire release

Here it is set up for 3D with the quiver removed.

Mathews still number one, LOL

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mathews and a fat Ground hog.

·
Registered
330 Posts
For the record, I've shot 2 groundhogs out of my daughters upstairs bedroom window with my crossbow.:D

As far as being a member of the "darkside", my friends Mathews SQ2 is a great bow. I bought a Mathews Outback and it was a piece of crap. I only bought the Pearson as a backup, and while shooting both one day I noticed the Pearson was quieter, smoother, and much lighter weight than the Mathews. So the Mathews went on eBay.:thumbdown:

At least we don't shoot a Hoyt. That sounds like something you do when you spit!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have been interested in archery forever. What do you guys recommend as a decent entry level setup, or what sort of things should I be looking at when purchasing a first bow?

Not looking for high end comp or hunting bow just yet, but rather, something half way accurate that won't break the bank or frustrate me to the point I use it for propping up a plant or something. :rofl:

I have read some stuff online, but I would like to hear the opinions of people who actually use their gear.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Try searching for a local shop and see what they carry. Generally I would advise avoiding online stuff.

Look into martin, PSE, mathews (if you can find a good price). Other then that just ask questions, I worked at an archery shop for near two years.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have tried talking to some of the local shops and they seem mostly interested in fleecing the n00b into buying some expensive contraption that looks like crane rigging! :rofl:

I don't think I would buy a bow online as I would want to try it out first.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2009 Bowtech 82nd Airborne
Spot Hogg Hogg it-Hunter Sight with Hogg Wrap
Spot Hogg Whammy Rest
Octane 11" stabilizen
Octane 2 piece quiver
TruFire Judge release
Gold Tip Pro Hunter Arrows
100 grain slick trick broadheads

I traded my mathews DXT for my Bowtech and do not regret the choice!!!
I admit I liked my Mathews...but I love my Bowtech shoots insanely fast I shot mine throught the chrono at 334 FPS with my hunting arrows that are 450 grain. Imagine a light arrow....

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have been interested in archery forever. What do you guys recommend as a decent entry level setup, or what sort of things should I be looking at when purchasing a first bow?

Not looking for high end comp or hunting bow just yet, but rather, something half way accurate that won't break the bank or frustrate me to the point I use it for propping up a plant or something. :rofl:

I have read some stuff online, but I would like to hear the opinions of people who actually use their gear.
Mathews has come out with a Lower priced line. It is called Mission Archery, might check them out. Also, keep checking out archery shops. People trade their perfectly good bows in simply cause they need the "newest/greatest" bow that has just come out. What suckers!:rofl:

There is a seller on eBay that goes by the name bubbabuck. I've bought 2 bows from him. They are brand newbows. That is where I got the Pearson I shoot now. Very reputable seller, and all his bows are under $400 from what I can tell.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mathews has come out with a Lower priced line. It is called Mission Archery, might check them out. Also, keep checking out archery shops. People trade their perfectly good bows in simply cause they need the "newest/greatest" bow that has just come out. What suckers!:rofl:

There is a seller on eBay that goes by the name bubbabuck. I've bought 2 bows from him. They are brand newbows. That is where I got the Pearson I shoot now. Very reputable seller, and all his bows are under $400 from what I can tell.
Thanks, I'll look into the Mission stuff. I don't really want to spend a lot until I determine if I even like it or not. I suspect I will though :thumbsup:

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
I just ordered my new bow its a browning micro adrinilne with a 50 pound draw and a 29 draw lenght. Its suppose to come in soon....

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
What accessories are you going to put on it?
im going to buy a few things but it comes with alot of stuff.
one thing will be a bow fishing kit, also a few silencing devices.
I have to see what all it comes with first.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Has anyone got the mailer from Mathews? Seems Matt McPherson who has always trashed twin cam, or hybrid cam bows is coming out with his own hybrid cam bow. Wonder how crow tastes?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts