Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys and gals any help would be appreciated. I have a 97 grand 4.0 been in an accident have replaced or repaired it all most ready to put back on the road . It has a vacuum ball in the bumper on the pass side it also has a vacuum box under the battery tray the vacuum line runs from the manifold to the ac heater control into the dash and then to the top of the fender t,s off to the cruise control and then goes to the vacuum
box under the battery tray and stops there! But the vacuum ball has no line to it and it was where it was hit at so the ball was smash be on repair but I can not find where it went to no open line just the ball with an open vacuum port ? Does any one know where it runs to my books don't even show it?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Have you checked the vac diagram (sticker) under the hood?

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
My FSM shows only the one behind the headlight. The ball is not mentioned as part of the system

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
some pictures of the ball would help, and the canister location under the driver's headlamp.

However, I am with 4.3L XJ, I don't recall a vacuum ball anywhere in the system, and certainly not on the passenger side. The main reservoir is a rectangular box looking thing that resides under the driver's headlamp area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some pictures of the ball would help, and the canister location under the driver's headlamp.

However, I am with 4.3L XJ, I don't recall a vacuum ball anywhere in the system, and certainly not on the passenger side. The main reservoir is a rectangular box looking thing that resides under the driver's headlamp area.
Yes in the bumper pas side. I have seen the ball on other pics on other jeeps on u tube one guy even had one he moved on a bumper install he had done but no mention of where it hooked up to? but it was an old build I might try texting him to see if he's still there? it's just a round-shaped ball with a vacuum port in it 2 screws holds it to the bumper support.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I am parting out a 96 ZJ. I’m sure I have a vacuum ball. I also have a fairly new headlight plate and headlights. Let me know if you are interested. I mostly want part to goto a good home. I’ll look for the vacuum ball and take a pic. I moved mine in my XJ to the firewall.
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey I am parting out a 96 ZJ. I’m sure I have a vacuum ball. I also have a fairly new headlight plate and headlights. Let me know if you are interested. I mostly want part to goto a good home. I’ll look for the vacuum ball and take a pic. I moved mine in my XJ to the firewall.
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
That looks like the charcoal canister to me

·
Super Moderator
10,826 Posts
That is definitely the charcoal canister. Any leaks can cause a check engine light when it runs the evap emissions system test. Which only occur under specific conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts