Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts
1After further reading and as much as I hate S T customer service and the phone screw over, I think I will probably stay and cough up the money for a new phone sometime in Jan. I was gonna get on a family member's Boost plan. He has a much newer lg but we'll see what happens to his service once the cdma's are discontinued and they lose all the sprint towers. It shouldn't affect S T because they rent and use everyone's towers. I'm not gonna buy actual phone from Walmart again, I'll probably do better on line. Btw, lg is quitting making phones altogether incase that's helpful to anyone. Next up: exhaust getting installed over next few days, then we'll go after water pump, t-stat and hoses and whatnot. So new problem is intermittent guages. I lose everything except battery and oil until I drive for a few minutes. Loose or dirty pins behind there maybe? Also, cold, damp, rainy when it started acting up, doesn't happen daily, weather may be coincidental... thoughts? P.S. if you think it's weather related- ask me for my windshield story 😒

Only thing I can offer with the phone is, I have had good luck with Samsung, Motorola and most recently LG, although as you say LG is getting our of the business. Verizon is my carrier and has been OK by me. Not perfect, but I get a discount through my employer and they have local towers. Everyone has a horror story.
Loose connections at the gauge cluster gets my vote. Just unplugging them and reinserting them is usually all it takes. But its a pain in the butt to get it out,
If your windshield leaks and causes moisture in the dash, it can certainly increase the corrosion and cause issues.,

I think you might be right about loose and maybe corroding pins. We'll see when I take it apart. I got my windshield replaced a year and a half ago and I didn't know what to watch out for. They came to me and as soon as my original glass was out, the guy pointed to a 2 inch rust spot in the channel right above the steering wheel and said he was voiding any warranty I was supposed to have, and that was that. I found out later all the stuff he did wrong including not hitting that little spot with a grinder and putting some sealant on it. So the headliner is damp sometimes but I don't see anything. Maybe its running down the post or as you say, just creating mousture. Also, when I called my insurance about all that a couple months back, they gave me the number to their glass department. Why wasn't I directed there in the first place when I made the claim? So, no I haven't called them. What are they gonna do now? The rust spot was so minor that it took over a year for it to become an issue and I totally blame the glass company and not too happy with my insurance. If you wanna know which jerks did my glass I'll be happy to tell but I don't wanna get in trouble on here. Ok , so I'll clean the pins and spray diogrease in there, see what happens cuz ya know every tiny town you pass thru in the middle of nowhere wants to issue a speeding ticket so I've gotta have it done. Thank God and jeep that I probably only need a screwdriver! 😁

Welcome to CherokeeTalk!

I want every to see every newbie to post something ridiculous in this thread. Keep it tasteful, follow the forum rules. Ribbing by veterans may ensue if it's not ridiculous enough.

Aaaaaand... GO.
my jeep motor is a 4.0 inline six. strong enough for me. I've had some fast machines but this jeep ain't one of them . but... some said, " if it was supposed to be fast it wouldn't be shaped like a brick." if the windshield and roof went all the way to the front, it would be the back.
i fart in your general direction...? phhhht.

I don’t know about ridiculous, but I’m a newbie just joined. Reason is I just purchased a 2000 xj 4 door sport 4x4 some obvious some from decoding vin.
what an ordeal to just get to start. I bought it from a lady that someone tried to steal it from here but was not successful, why? Sentry key Immobiliser module. Which I guess the thief thought by breaking it that might bypass it. No such luck………..
I pieced together the broken ignition pieces enough to operate and got
Crank run stop
Crank run stop
With key Immobiliser light on dash.
Chrysler , lol, ok so know I’m aware can’t go that route. What to do ………. I purchased a reman ecu that was vin programmed and I added the SKIM delete service, with shipping cost $325.00
I was skeptical but after a very close inspection I installed new to me computer attached battery cables and ………… fired right up and stayed running. Drove it for first time and I’m so happy I am now a xj owner!!!

Wow! Most people are relocating too Florida! Not the opposite from Florida too Colorado!
My daughter decided she wanted a change and she bought a townhome in Panama city beach about 1.5 miles from the beach. Its been a eventful summer for us.

I'm sure you are going to like it here!

Wow! Most people are relocating too Florida! Not the opposite from Florida too Colorado!
My daughter decided she wanted a change and she bought a townhome in Panama city beach about 1.5 miles from the beach. Its been a eventful summer for us.

I'm sure you are going to like it here!
Wow I lived in Panama City, in the cove on st Andrews bay for over 20 years.
oct 2018 hurricane Michael, I stayed in our home
Cat 5 very scary. I am divorced now kids grown and live a whole different life. Sad, but I do love it here.
Perfect for xj, I went to yankee hill and it was amazing.

Wow I lived in Panama City, in the cove on st Andrews bay for over 20 years.
oct 2018 hurricane Michael, I stayed in our home
Cat 5 very scary. I am divorced now kids grown and live a whole different life. Sad, but I do love it here.
Perfect for xj, I went to yankee hill and it was amazing.
My Xj is needing some love right now. But you have to know, you have landed in probably the very best state in my opinion to explore on a budget. Most of these trails are going to be accessible for a very long time and if you have multiple days to explore and can set-up a decent way to camp you will see some of the best vista's, wildlife, natural beauty the world has to offer right in our back yard (so to speak).
My favorite area is down by Ouray/Silverton/Lake City/Telluride. Had a trip planned for my wife and I last June but as we drove to Buena Vista to stay and camp on the way there my clutch/Transmission started acting up. So we had to turn around and head home instead of heading the rest of the way to Ouray. I have made several trips down there with buddies to scout the trails before exposing my wife to something to terrifying for her. I guess I'll have to shoot for next year.
Another thing I find extremely fun is the couple of times I go winter wheeling. (Usually every new years day I put together a official run for our local club). But I would like to camp up there more often. Cause there it's so beautiful to camp in the back country in the snow.
Once my rig is back together we might want to get together and run a few trails. I have a few buddies with Xj's that want to go and the 4x4 club will welcome you with open arms too. (Especially if you want to get out a lot). Runs are posted nearly every weekend and sometimes weekdays as well. With this group you can organize your own run and try and garner interest from other members. They are really great people to associate with.
If you want me to PM you the info on the club let me know. There is no monthly fees or anything like that. (It runs on donations, if you feel you can contribute $5-$25 annually the donation board is activated twice a year). But not required. The only requirement is to participate at least once a year in a 4x4 trail run. And that's basically the only time we get together (at the trail head) unless we get together to work on rigs or your friendship goes beyond running trails. I have been a participate for about 8 years now.
I hope you enjoy Colorado as much as I do, I have basically lived here all my life.

My Xj is needing some love right now. But you have to know, you have landed in probably the very best state in my opinion to explore on a budget. Most of these trails are going to be accessible for a very long time and if you have multiple days to explore and can set-up a decent way to camp you will see some of the best vista's, wildlife, natural beauty the world has to offer right in our back yard (so to speak).
My favorite area is down by Ouray/Silverton/Lake City/Telluride. Had a trip planned for my wife and I last June but as we drove to Buena Vista to stay and camp on the way there my clutch/Transmission started acting up. So we had to turn around and head home instead of heading the rest of the way to Ouray. I have made several trips down there with buddies to scout the trails before exposing my wife to something to terrifying for her. I guess I'll have to shoot for next year.
Another thing I find extremely fun is the couple of times I go winter wheeling. (Usually every new years day I put together a official run for our local club). But I would like to camp up there more often. Cause there it's so beautiful to camp in the back country in the snow.
Once my rig is back together we might want to get together and run a few trails. I have a few buddies with Xj's that want to go and the 4x4 club will welcome you with open arms too. (Especially if you want to get out a lot). Runs are posted nearly every weekend and sometimes weekdays as well. With this group you can organize your own run and try and garner interest from other members. They are really great people to associate with.
If you want me to PM you the info on the club let me know. There is no monthly fees or anything like that. (It runs on donations, if you feel you can contribute $5-$25 annually the donation board is activated twice a year). But not required. The only requirement is to participate at least once a year in a 4x4 trail run. And that's basically the only time we get together (at the trail head) unless we get together to work on rigs or your friendship goes beyond running trails. I have been a participate for about 8 years now.
I hope you enjoy Colorado as much as I do, I have basically lived here all my life.
Thank you!!
I am beyond interested!! I also would love to explore the idea of winter camping. It’s been on my mind since moving here. Yes please do I’m in!!
I too have a little list, but in my opinion it’s the best vehicle and I love it. I don’t have a vacuum reservoir, at runs great which is weird, lol but obviously ac/ heat only blows out of defrost, cruise control doesn’t work , also because of vacuum I believe. I just replaced steering column and now airbag light is intermittently on with no horn , horn when light not on…..power locks and windows only work from drivers door, sometimes, lol
And I’m about to try to tackle oil filter adapter leak.
besides those minor things and a few others it’s a cherry to me. Hi I’m only wanting to lift it 3 inches and run 31s. I think I’m more interested in upgrading steering components and tie rods and stuff like that for longevity. Little by little and loving every minute of it.
marcmaryanoff@gmail.com

I live downtown Denver for now but honestly I am considering a move to Hartsel.

Bought a jeep. It has issues. (Insert obvious joke here) Hoping the lord of jeepkind can be found here. Also you can’t touch your tongue to your elbow. Meh. Whatevs.

Welcome to CherokeeTalk!

I want to see every newbie to post something ridiculous in this thread. Keep it tasteful, follow the forum rules. Ribbing by veterans may ensue if it's not ridiculous enough.

Aaaaaand... GO.
my 2001 xj is getting a transplant v8 with an awd t-case. I just made my account and currently I am trying to make some clearance up front on the steering box.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Rim

121 - 137 of 137 Posts