Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Attention Newbies!

15K views 136 replies 45 participants last post by  Ls/rt xj 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to CherokeeTalk!

I want to see every newbie to post something ridiculous in this thread. Keep it tasteful, follow the forum rules. Ribbing by veterans may ensue if it's not ridiculous enough.

Aaaaaand... GO.

#27 ·
No.... You have to double the drop of the transfercase for the ammount of lift. So 7 inches of lift would need 14 inch drop. At least thats what i think.......

For newbs reading this, dont take my advice seriously. I dont know what im doing

#30 ·
I just joined today, found y'all by accident. I've got a 96 grand Cherokee that I picked up last November the person wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible, it was in her front yard for the longest time so I stopped by and asked her if she wanted it gone and how much she wanted for it, she told me $500 and she proceeded to sign the title over to me. It has 179,000 miles on it. Had one of my buddies check it over for me and told me that we could get it back up and running right, I'm not finished with it but it does run and it gets me where I have to go, soon to turn it to carry my surf rods and equipment.

#33 ·
Howdy

#34 ·
Newbie here - I have a 99 Cherokee that I saved from being totaled - has 107K miles on it - I'm going to redo the interior upholstery in X-rated Victorian Damask Furniture Upholstery Fabric - what do you guys think? Let the ribbing commence...

#35 ·
Howdy. Pics of said fabric? This is a forum full of good-natured ribbing, but we don't flame anyone too much. Though I myself have been known to go off the deep end every so often. Welcome aboard. Now post pics, brace yourself, and prepare to fire back!

#38 ·
Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, and Native American. Disabled Air Force Vet, Mother of 2 adult "children," ex-bartender, chief cook and bottle-washer. You can't scare me ;-) I will post pics in time. (I found this site on purpose - LOL)

It happens if I say so!:rofl:

"Breathe in with Mindfulness." - Thich Naht Hanh

#39 ·
Just wondered. That way of saying your name goes back a thousand years or so in Scottland.

#44 ·
Im kinda diggin on this one :D

Attachments

#45 ·
Stupid, I own stupid.

Hi, My name is Gerry.... I bought a "92 yj with the skid plate held up with baling twine, 180 degrees of steering play but It fired up and made heat. I drove it home about 40 miles. My new career will be frame repair.
So I was looking at another '92 (see stupid aleert above) and I couldn't take on another rust bucket (learning?)when I saw this '99 Sport posted. It's really nice, runs smooth and quiet, and has a little rust on the rockers, but none none inboard of that!! I had a '93 that rusted beyond hope and missed it.
So I'm back.

Attachments

#52 ·
howdy howdy

#54 ·
You could have Jeeps Jeeping in your Jeep...........:eek:

#58 ·
I'm a noob... Been lurking this site for several years, finally sat down and read XJSuperman's build thread and getting ready to start on my 2000 XJ I've had sitting around way too long.

That's the silly thing from me: letting my XJ sit without selling my dog on eBay to get it roadworthy. :brickwall:

I'll try to snap some pics and figure out how to add to my profile...

#59 ·
You read my whole thread? Does your head hurt? Are you confused more often than before? What was it like to read such a boring story? Were you as relieved as I was to get out of the college budget years?

I sincerely apologize.