Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

AutoZone

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  POLAR_JEEP_04 
#1 ·
#3 ·
lol "Larry, Moe, and the other one" I love it.

I always use Advanced. Never had a problem out of them.

#4 ·
lol "Larry, Moe, and the other one" I love it.

I always use Advanced. Never had a problem out of them.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm actually a former AutoZone employee..... I will buy some stuff from them. But Wells electrical parts are garbage. Why should I pay for Chinese crap when I can get Made in the US Borg-Warner(Orielly's) parts across the street for the same price.

BTW... they shut down the Pep Boys here, the just wasn't enough ricer market.

And I will probably go back to work a AZ again. They let me work whatever schedule I want to, pay pretty decent for a part-time job. And when I worked there last, the people I worked with used to just send anyone asking Jeep questions to me so I spent most of my shifts talking about Jeeps... Not to shabby. Plus going into O'Rielly's and getting parts after work used to get a hoot out of the guys there....

#11 ·
They really are dumb down here. I got a part from them down here. go home. And the part had grease hand prints all over it. Like the part was already used or somthing

#12 ·
I use A/Z for things like oil, spark plugs and other non-IMPORTANT things like that.

BUT if I have a project like: replacing full brakes where I have to get new drums/rotors, I buy 1 (over $20) part per visit so I can maximize thier reward program. I have redeemed almost $200 from them so far.

Last time I had problem with A/Z:
Was about 3yrs ago. Went thru 3 different P/S pumps for our lifyed 86 Olds Custom Cruiser. 4 days and 3 pumps later, I complained to the manager.
Manager: "Well, sir. What would you like to do?"
ME: "The vehicle this is for goes in for inspection TOMORROW. What I would like to do is LOB this POS thru your front window. The car is sitting outside being run w/o a P/S pump OR pulley. I have replacing this badboy down to a science. Heck I can even do it while the engine is HOT.

Store manager called the regional manager who was one town over.
I got the "best" pump to replace the bad pumps I received. It was a $25 difference.
Since then, there hasn't been any problems per-se. Mostly because I get my parts from RockAuto.com

#15 ·
I been using autozone for years. I never had single issue. They are way more knowledgeable than the advance auto dudes. Dude at AA tried to tell me that Rancho 5000 shocks are softer than most out there and perfect for my jeep.....:rofl:

I started going to NAPA two years ago for parts since they are closer. They serve me well and no issues.

#16 ·
Im a NAPA guy, Advanced after that

#18 ·
I only use NAPA after I have done online research.

Last time there, I was looking for stock coil spring insulators.
This was on Fri. He searched and could not find them. Told me to come back on Mon and he could order them thru "whatever" supplier for around $18ea.

Went home (1mi. away) Logged onto net and ordered 2 thru Quadratech for $8ea.

We used to use NAPA, when we lived at her father's farm, all the time until we kept getting the same reply from the counter guys..."Uhh we can't get that. Its a dealer item."
Started referring to NAPA as (N)o (A)uto (P)arts (A)vailable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.