Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Looking to get my first Jeep in about 4 months. Right now I think a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk will do the trick for me. I'll be overlanding in it and towing a very lightweight off road teardrop trailer. Any comments or tips to buying a Cherokee would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The bulk of our knowledge comes from the older cherokees. 80 & 90's. But I'm looking to see more of the newer stuff. I think the trailhawk is a good starting platform since it comes with off-road options. I'm not familiar with the towing capacities so I recommend some research on your part. Remember, that vehicle is front wheel drive. Don't rule out and older grand cherokee V8. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I had a feeling most on here have older rigs. Might not be the forum for me. I've done my homework and I've got more than enough towing capacity. And the Trailhawk is definitely 4WD. Even has a locking rear diff and Select Terrain. An older one is out of the question for me. My mechanical skills end at changing the oil. And I'm going to be way back in the wilderness alone with no cell signal. A water pump goes out on me (or a thousand other possibilities) and I'm up the proverbial creek with no paddle. I thank you for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts