Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not superstitious or overly religious, but lately it seems the jeep gods are frowning upon me, in the last week : ive been pulled over for broken taillights, left my window down (got a damp seat now:devil: ), had 3 fuses blow, (one while driving to school this morning), locked myself out (result of checking fuse), and found out that my 3" stage 2 rc lift has been mysteriously back ordered, so what should i do to get my jeep back to being a happy jeep?

·
Registered
494 Posts
That sucks man. Hopefully it'll get better for you soon.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm at college and have only put around 20 miles on my jeep this year:thumbdown:

Im not sure where your at in WA, but go hit up some trails and I'm sure your it will make you and your jeep happy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, just might, ill prolly take a day off from school tomorrow, also i just called rc customer service, the rear aal's werent in, so they substituted in some other shorter ones (guy talked too fast for me to hear, but this sounds fishy) and they should ship tomorrow, which means ill hopefully be able to install it this weekend wen we get some good sunshine. that and the new fuses and tierod end should make my jeep behave a lil better

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also, i really hope they dont send some weird aal's to me, with my luck id end up getting ones for a honda civic, and i dont want my xj to have that much of a prerunner look

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy kinda bulldogged me into the shorties, if they dont give me the lift i want ill just bastard pack my rears, i think my friend has som trucks on one of their properties. idk, it was either the shorts or wait over two weeks, im taking time off on monday so i can install ( i need to have it installed before i get work done profesiionally/ leave for oregon soon) and ups doesnt deliver on weekends, even tho theve been sitting in a truck behind the store for 2 days

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got my kit this morning, they didnt even send me the shorty aal's, ended up getting adjustable lift shackles in my kit. i guess thatll work, my rear springs arnt too saggy, other than that, very pleased with the rest of the kit, everythings nice and beefy, new shocks should really help the ride, just looking at the massive lower control arms makes me smile too.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
im not superstitious or overly religious, but lately it seems the jeep gods are frowning upon me, in the last week : ive been pulled over for broken taillights, left my window down (got a damp seat now:devil: ), had 3 fuses blow, (one while driving to school this morning), locked myself out (result of checking fuse), and found out that my 3" stage 2 rc lift has been mysteriously back ordered, so what should i do to get my jeep back to being a happy jeep?
jump it real hard and show it whos boss:bannana: j/k

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i shud put in a complaint to rc, im pretty sure a good set of aal's are worth alot more than a 30 dollar set of shackles,, oh and i cant jump it right now, blew a shock, and my bumpstops disintigrated the last time i got 5 feet of air at the sand bowl

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, just reaziled, rc really shuold have sent me both shackles AND the shorty aal's they were supoosed to substitute in, both together would have givin me the 3 inches of lift i ordered

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
definatly put in a complaint

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
oh, just reaziled, rc really shuold have sent me both shackles AND the shorty aal's they were supoosed to substitute in, both together would have givin me the 3 inches of lift i ordered
i had problems with rc also, was on backorder for a month for my 6.5 kit. then they sent me two control arms missing zerk fittings. and the center pin in one of my leafs had the bolt sheered off.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Then they sent me a centerpin kit for me to fix the spring myself. They ended up sending a add a leaf centerpin kit, which the pins are about an inch longer than what was originally in the leaf. I was dissapointed but modified the pin to the right length and put it back together. They are nice people to work with but at the time i ordered there was a huge rush because the kit i was buying had just been upgraded to adjustable uppers and lowers "x-flex kit" and they did not raise the price. I dont know if they were rushing too fast to get the product out, but their quality control is not so great.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
from talkin with other rc customers ive realized, rc either does a great job(gets your order right, on time delivery, good customer service) or they mess it all up (gets order wrong, has it on backorder for over 2 weeks, has bad service) but they dont seem to have any in between, everyone that deals with them either has a great rc story, or an rc horror story

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an in between story with RC. The shipping was fast but they sent me shocks for a 5in lift on an 05 Ram 1500. I had to argue with them for 45min before they would send me new shocks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after trying a second time to get my stock shackles off, i pretty much hate rc right now, if theydve sent me springs i wouldnt have had to even mess with them

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
put the front end lift on today, netted 4 inches of lift, thing looks agrressive without any lift in the back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts