Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add and hello everyone. I am picking up a 99 Cherokee limited this weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Congrats, that is the best year to get

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I am excited. She is in good condition. Hoping to learn a lot here

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
Howdy and welcome from PA. Lots and lots of good info on here. Just use the search function to look anything up, post up some pics when you get it, we love pics.

What are your plans? Keep it stock or build a monster truck car crushing beast? 😁 or just maybe some mild offroading. Whatever your chosen path, we can help!

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Lets see some pics once you get it!

Welcome aboard our little forum. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hey from NJ! Welcome aboard, show it off when ya get it. Details? Plans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EA6F9F27-6A96-45C0-91BF-AE2095C34BBD.jpeg

Hey from NJ! Welcome aboard, show it off when ya get it. Details? Plans?

Here she is. Going to do all the mechanical checks and maintenance first. Brakes, steering, electrical (gauges not working). Then some cosmetics. Need a flare for front passenger side. Then detail. Then I want to do some black trim work. New headliner. Lift 2”. Some fog lights for the front. Then just keep babying her till she is perfect for me.

7B23FC52-EEE1-412C-A1A9-19F8E1C692C8.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howdy and welcome from PA. Lots and lots of good info on here. Just use the search function to look anything up, post up some pics when you get it, we love pics.

What are your plans? Keep it stock or build a monster truck car crushing beast? 😁 or just maybe some mild offroading. Whatever your chosen path, we can help!
Thanks. I am hoping to keep her as stock as possible. Need some cosmetics and hopefully minor mechanical stuff. Gauge cluster not working. Need a fender flare. Some minor dings and dents fixed. Wanna lift her maybe 2”. New headliner. Make sure all brakes steering electrical and such are solid. They appear to be. Minor exhaust leak. But love her already.

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
I drive a 1996 stone pearl white XJ classic and I approve this message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drive a 1996 stone pearl white XJ classic and I approve this message.
I am slowly learning again about vehicles that can actually be worked on without a major degree from a school and 20 years experience like when I was younger. Thanks for your approval lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
Aside from the occasional sensor glitch. These xj's are simple machines and easy to keep maintained.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thinking good jumping off point.
Looks like it might have had factory fog lights cause of the cut outs.
What color is she?
I ask cause I am always stalking Craigslist and Ebay.
If I come across that fender flare in the same color can give you a heads up about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thinking good jumping off point.
Looks like it might have had factory fog lights cause of the cut outs.
What color is she?
I ask cause I am always stalking Craigslist and Ebay.
If I come across that fender flare in the same color can give you a heads up about it.
Oh that’s cool. It’s gunmetal pearl coat (grey).
I have my old flares off my 96, but I'm pretty sure they are different.
thanks. That’s a nice offer. I don’t know enough about them yet to knkw what years are interchangeable but thank you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts