Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit frustrated with our 93 XJ Sport. Our son drives it now and has been in the family for three generators (grandparent's daily driver, passed down to the parents (Wife and I), now to the grand kids (Our son).

Above 50 degrees F it starts right up like a champ and runs great. However, like clockwork every cold morning (let's say below 50 degrees) it no cranks on us. As in turn the key and nothing. Then when the weather warms up later in the day. It starts right up and no issues again until the temperature drops below that 50 degrees and the engine cools off. (If the engine is warmed up then it starts just fine). The XJ will no crank again at that cold temperature.

I can jump the leads on the starter and get it to start up in that cold weather. The battery and starter are new this year. The grounds have been gone through. The only one I could not get-to was the one on the back of the engine that connects to the braided wire. What a terrible place to put that btw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing I would look at is the neutral safety switch. It completes the ground for the starter relay in your power distribution center. To do a simple test, try shifting into neutral and starting
Thanks for your response. I did already try that. I read that on someone's post this morning and gave it a try earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts