Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
thanks guys. i have been debating on OME and Bilstein for a while. I am kind of waiting on work to see if we are still getting our bonus' or not.

When I looked and both Bilsteins, neither of them were shown with the resovior??
Take a look at the link I provided, they have the reservoir. I have OME's but I am curious about the bilsteins, honestly I would probably try bilsteins if I could do it again. But again im not knocking the OME's as I love them. Just more curious then anything.

·
Registered
600 Posts
What are the benefits of having the remote resevoir? More flex? Or somewhere for the gas to expand when it gets hot? Tell your buddies you have remote resevoir shocks? Something else?

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
What are the benefits of having the remote resevoir? More flex? Or somewhere for the gas to expand when it gets hot? Tell your buddies you have remote resevoir shocks? Something else?
Yeah I am curious to find out as well. I am probably going to end up getting bilsteins anyways, but OMEs don't look half bad either.

·
Registered
260 Posts
as the shock compresses the gas that dampens the it goes into the resevoir....the 5100 are a monotube,meaning,the shock has a built in resevoir for the gas at compression...instead of a "remote" resevoir.The remote res. also will handle more cycles per minute heat wise.the remote version is aslo capable of longer travel,cuz there is no built in resevoir........so if you are only runnin 4-4.5 inches of lift,then go wit the 5100...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts