Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peeps!

Here is a project I helped a buddy of mine finish.

He put a 56 Ford truck cab on 1978 Ford F150 4x4 chassis with an 85 Ford 351 Windsor engine with a Holley 650 carb. He had the mechanical pieces all together, my biggest part was all the wiring. Front to rear, from fog lights to brake lights. 1956 didn't have a fuse box. Just one fuse behind the headlight switch, Lol and the wiring itself was very stiff and brittle insulation. I guess it was state of the art in 1956, 10 years before my birth and I'm old!! I suggested the wiring harness from a cherokee and off to the pick a part we went. I kept as much wire as possible connected to the PDC and slowly worked my way through it as I wired up the circuits. I had many many days invested by Bob and I enjoyed hanging out working on my Jeep and his truck. We were sad when I finished my floor pans and I finished his truck. No more play dates, :( The truck is finished but the carb is giving us fits, we can't seem to get it adjusted to where the engine won't stall. I'm no carb guy, but we will get it. So if you have any questions, offer them up. I left out a lot of details. but I wanted to get the pics up for you guys.

**WARNING** This post is very pic heavy. data charges may apply! :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even more

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and a couple more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
Very nice. And I can remember when those were new :D

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a 56 Chevy pick up....gotta love the 3 in the tree. No need to be sad you and Bob can come on up and have a play date with the beast...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts