Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the latest pic's of what I've got done so far. I'm going to ditch the fluxcore wire for sure! The welds don't look the best, but it isn't going to come off.:D I can weld pretty good with the gas mig welder at work, so I know it isn't just me.:(

Now for the LCA skids!:thumbsup: Bummer is the weather is suppose to turn to crap (cold) for the next few days.:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Well here's the latest pic's of what I've got done so far. I'm going to ditch the fluxcore wire for sure! The welds don't look the best, but it isn't going to come off.:D I can weld pretty good with the gas mig welder at work, so I know it isn't just me.:(

Now for the LCA skids!:thumbsup: Bummer is the weather is suppose to turn to crap (cold) for the next few days.:thumbdown:
That'll help. You forgot to laser "RUSTY'S" on the plate :rofl:

Rustys Offroad: Dana Model 30 Axle Tube Brace

·
Registered
61 Posts
That should do the trick, xjjeepthing and I was talking about how I need to do the same thing to mine running those 13.50s all around.
Dave<><

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That'll help. You forgot to laser "RUSTY'S" on the plate :rofl:

Rustys Offroad: Dana Model 30 Axle Tube Brace
Huh? You mean Rusty's sells a brace just like MINE???:rolleyes: Well, the nerve of him! I've uh... never uh... been to Rusty's website, so how could I have known?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:p

There is a piece of angle iron welded to the back of the brace. I'll post up a pic of it. The steel was a piece I had left over from when I made a mounting bracket to mount up my HiLift jack. Honestly, no more wheeling than I do the brace is really overkill, although I plan on doing more in the future.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Looks good bud

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The brace is on. Again please excuse the somewhat sloppy welds.:devil: It was as good as it was gonna get, especially welding mild steel to cast iron. This pic shows the small angle iron that is welded to the back side. I did that to stiffen up the steel I used for the "arm" that attaches my Hilift to the tire carrier.

Here is a shot for 2000XJ from overhead.

All that's left is the LCA skids, and installing the axle. Gonna try to get that done next Saturday.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It'd be way more effective if you welded a peice of tubing along the top, and tied that into the UCA tower and centre section, or better yet bent the tube so it goes over the centre section and down the otherside so you could tie it into the coil bucket or whatever. Clearances may not allow for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts