Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to change my rear brakes. My problem is I can't find a complete overhaul kit for my Chrysler 8.25. Does anyone know of a kit, if it exists, or do I have to piece one together myslef? Quadratec carries a kit but only for the dana 35.

Thanks

Gnome

·
Registered
342 Posts
All you need to do it hit your local parts house and get rear shoes and overhaul kit which includes all the springs and such. If your wheel cylinders are bad replace them as well. Only other thing you need to do is have the drums turned. Other then that you could replace the left and right adjusters but likely do not need to. Only need to replace the drums if they are warped or really badly worn and in most cases turning them is all that is needed to true the surface.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Just change your pads Why do you want to overhaul them?
When you replaces shoes on drum brakes, you should also replace the springs and hardware within the drums just to play on the side of caution. If one of those springs fails or malfunctions it could put you in danger. Usually spring kits run about $10 for both sides.

Worst case scenario, get the parts from Jeep... even though it may cost more money than usual.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks for the input guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts